Induction ranges

Just cleaning up after dinner, we got a new range awhile back that is induction. As this only “works” when a pot / pan that can accept a magnet is on the “burner”, how do you test it when doing an inspection.

Quickly with a pan, a little water in it, and a thermal imaging camera.

I don’t test the functionality of induction cooktops/ranges (still look at other installation issues), just explain the reasons why.

Dom.

We usually take a pot out as Jeff said. No pots, not able to test. Just had one the other day that did not respond.

I actually keep a small pan in my truck to test them if the home is empty.
It only takes a minute to test them and I have found a few burners that did not work.
If you are going to test an item then test it. If not disclaim the item and move on.

To me it’s similar to testing an air conditioning unit in the winter months.
You can tell them that everything looks ok but you couldn’t function it because of the cold weather.
Or you can just say in your report that it was to cold to test. Recommend it be checked in the spring for operation.
When they are ticked it doesn’t work which one of these statement is going to bale you out??

Just had one today :slight_smile:

It is an induction cooktop. Which the ones I have seen have both conventional and the induction option.

Roy - here’s what I have below. No “conventional” burners, straight induction. Who knew a frying pan would be a tool?

Frigidaire FGIF3061NF Gallery 30" Freestanding Induction Range with True Convection, Induction Cooktop and Effortless Temperature Probe with Auto Keep Warm in Smudge Proof Stainless Steel.

We have a combination induction and conventional. Couldn’t get one with all four burners as induction when we bought it, so we have cookware that doesn’t work on the induction side. Keep in mind when using the owners pans that you may not be picking up one that is induction friendly.