Inspection Request Scam

I got notification from the NACHI Inspection Request today from this person and have had similar ones come through my “Contact Us” form on my website, emails and texts. Does anyone know if local law enforcement will do anything about this?

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now
would be via e-mail or text I can send you my number if you want,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 1,800 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)
NOTE:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would need.

Been going around for years! SCAM!!

Same exact verbiage as the one I got two days ago and another local inspector also.

Got it here in Alberta three days ago…exact same wording.

Been getting a bunch of these lately.

Hey, I finally joined the ranks today. :mrgreen: Got my obligatory scam email from a Cheryl Taylor. To all who have posted about this I recognized right away that it was a scam but played with it for a couple of emails until they bit this morning with the pitch. Then told them this
"Ok, I am going to put a stop to this right now. How gullible do you think we inspectors are and do you not realize that we have a wide network of people who talk to each other about scams like yours. You can change your name, you can change the wording of this scam a bit but we all know who and what you are.
And just for the final record even if you insisted that this is not a scam I do not work that way. You have a deal with a caretaker then you personally take care of that deal not me.
Give it a rest and move on. Your scamming days are over with all of us.
Good day
Rampart Inspections Your Home - Your Castle Your First Line of Defence (204)479-3742 www.rampartinspections.ca

On 2017-04-30 3:18 AM, Cheryl Taylor wrote:
Hello ,

Thanks for the quote. I am OK with the quote and i would                 have everything put in place for the inspection,first of                 all i will like 
        you to                 know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by                 Realtor,I would like you to know the house is still                 occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you                 to know that the caretaker will bring the  key to you                 and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to                 send me your full name and office address and a valid                 phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need                 it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the                 house keys to your office immediately they receive their                 balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards                 you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I                 would have to seek a little favor from you and i would                 be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek                 from you.Due to my present health condition,i would                 provide you my credit card details for you to charge for                 the total cost of the service and also i would like you                 to charge an extra sum of $ which would be sent to the                 caretaker who would take care of getting utilities                 transferred over, termite contract for the house,I am                 sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have                 forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down                 with health issues right now and am still at the                 hospital and the caretaker stated he wants the balance                 by bank transfer that's why i am seeking your favor on                 this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can                 assist me on this.

Your                 urgent response would be appreciated.

Warm                 Regards

Got in in BC a few days ago exact same wording also

thank you for posting this I just got one from Cheryl Taylor. Seems she is making the rounds. Just feel sorry for any Cheryl Taylor that really wants to book a inspection. NO one is going to believer her.

NO WaY THIS CAN BE HAPPING >>>>>>> IMPOSSIBLE.

I received this scam on Aug 3 from Emily Murphy. Exact same verbiage. Original email came though InterNACHI.

You guys are WAY behind. I got mine 2 yrs ago.

I milked it for almost a month with back / forth emails. I was having a good time.

I came here to ask you guys what you thought about this email I got (after some back and forth) and here it is word for word already. I’m a new inspector and I can’t tell you how disappointing it is to find out this is a scammer.

Emily Murphy also said she was a veteran (I offer a 10% discount on my website for vets) in an earlier email. Can’t decide if I want to mess with them a little or just block them.