Inspections needed. InterNACHI members wanted.

http://www.nachi.org/haymanpe2007.htm

Let me know when he hits Illinois

I emailed him on the 5th and have not heard back yet.

Why would any of us be interested in crawling a sub area, generating a report and taking photos for $100?

Am I missing something?

When I was a multiple inspector concern, we worked on a 60/40 split. 60% to the field inspector and 40% to me. I generated the report and completed delivery to the client to ensure some sort of quality control and timely delivery.

I routinely perform raised foundation inspections, the fee is $275 minimum and goes up depending on size and configuration of the structure. You all can do the math…

It sounded like he is getting it set up Danny.

Were you a Certified Engineer Will? 40 % of $275 is $110, not far off what you made then.

Hey Ken;

Please re-read my original post. 60% or $165.00 minimum to the “Field Inspector”…

Again, business must be very slow for inspectors to be interested in crawling sub areas for $100 per pop…

$100.00 for a 15 minute inspection sounds pretty good. Add in drive time and you can to 3 in two hours. That is $150.00 an hour with no liabililty. I’d do that all day long.

Now William, we must live on different planets. I can’t possibly drive to a location, introduce myself, get a signed contract from someone, suit up, crawl a 2000’sf sub area, take pictures, write a report and do that three times over in two hours even if they’re in the same city.

What’s with the “NO LIABILITY” comment? When you step foot on any property you have instantly become liable to any number of parties. You might consider speaking with an attorney and or your insurance company for additional information with regard to same.

Good luck with that program…

I already do some work for someone like this every now and then. I get paid to go to the site, no contact is needed witht the owner (most times the homes are vacant) and all I have to do is take pictures and submit them. They have an engineer of staff who evaluates them. I have no liabiltiy, no contract to sign, and no report to write. This looks like what this guy is looking for.

Kinda like working for Granite, but more money and less hastle

I don’t see a “big crawl” here.

Most I bump into are triple wides, 3 x 12’ x 60’ = 2160’sf or a smaller 2 x 12’ x 60’ = 1440’sf. I’ve done some in Pala Ranch in San Diego County as large as 3000’sf with compartmentalized poured concrete footing/foundation. It’s like crawling a maze…

Again, knock yourselves out. I’m not doing anything other than a Russell style “Fly By” for $100…

I do these. Easy with little and hardly any necessity to crawl into the CS. The inspector is basically a sub for the engineer. They will have their form for you to fill out and take some specific photos. FAX or email back to the engineers all the data, they take it from there. They are the ones with the contract, not the inspector. He or she is little more than a photographer. You have to take some measurements to make sure the foundation components are in compliance with the existing standards for FHA, VA and State. Takes about 10 to 15 mins. on average (there will those that take longer due to obstructions). Just make sure there are no butt biting dogs on the premises first. The good folks I work for on these always has a point of contact for me to call if I need to get directions, etc. Sometimes the places are way the hell out in the boondocks so you need a dependable vehicle. I love doing them as it is good money for little effort. I get paid every week like clockwork. If this guy had any to do in FL I would be contacting him.

I do these. Easy with little if ever necessity to crawl into the CS. The inspector is basically a sub for the engineer. They will have their form for you to fill out and take some specific photos. FAX or email back to the engineers all the data, they take it from there. They are the ones with the contract, not the inspector. He or she is little more than a photographer. You have to take some measurements to make sure the foundation components are in compliance with the existing standards for FHA, VA and State. Takes about 10 to 15 on average. Just make sure there are no butt biting dogs on the premises first. The good folks I work for on these always has a point of contact for me to call if I need to get directions, etc. Sometimes the places are way the hell out in the boondocks so you need a dependable vehicle. I love doing them as it is good money for little effort. I get paid every week like clockwork. If this guy had any to do in FL I would be contacting him.

Hey will,
Thanks for the comments, but I think I will make my own business decisions. If this is not for you then, that is your decision!

15 posts and an attitude already. You’re going to fit in very well here.

Merry Christmas!

“My name is Paul Hayman. I am an engineer with a growing engineering practice and have need of a network of inspectors to cover a number of states. I supply Engineering Certificates for permanent foundations on manufactured housing to mortgage companies as is now required for most loans. I need a supply of home inspectors to cover the state and perform a short inspection on my behalf. I will pay $100 for a foundation inspection on a manufactured home. It will take you less than 15 minutes and you do not need to go inside the house. ***You will have to look under it and take several digital photos. *** There is a real need for this service. If you are interested, send the following information to info@hayman-res.com

Reads like a crawl to me…

I wonder if this is even legal? I know it is not in Arizona…!

Someone going to a property, taking pictures and a licensed engineer is stamping it A-O-K…:shock:

It wouldn’t be any different for someone to send me a home inspection report with pictures and me or anyone else saying, yep…looks good from here.

I don’t think so.

Exactly!

And no liability to the field inspector when something goes wrong? Here in California that only happens everytime it rains, the wind blows or the ground shakes. And there’s an attorney on every corner waiting to speak with you about it afterwards.

No attitude intended! Merry Christmas to you too! Sheesh!:shock: