InterNACHI is Now Nationally Accredited by the U.S. Department of Education

InterNACHI® is now nationally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
The InterNACHI® School is the only home inspector school accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET), a national accrediting organization of the U.S. Department of Education (USDE), to provide InterNACHI® members:

InterNACHI® has also applied for an .EDU website domain.

Click here for details about InterNACHI being accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.

OK, so what does this mean? Does this mean that if you complete the “course”, you have an AA degree? or a BA degree? Exactly what type of credential does completing the course give one?

The main thing it means, for me anyway, is that our courses no longer need licensing board approval. We’re now exempt in many states and automatically approved.

Does this make your courses acceptable for continuing education in NY?

Yep. We’re on the same level as Harvard and Yale now.

That statement just took any credibility and flushed it down the toilet.

You’re right. Harvard and Yale don’t offer home inspection courses.

Our inspection courses are as accredited as their law courses. How’s that?

But, but, but someone at another association told me Nachi courses aren’t worth a darn…

LOL

Actually, Nick, Harvard and Yale hold only a regional accreditation (from the New England Commission of Higher Education). InterNACHI has attained a national institutional accreditation. That means that if Yale enrolls an online student from beyond the borders of Connecticut, Yale has to ensure that they’re in compliance with that state’s regulations related to online education, student by student and state by state.

InterNACHI can enroll any student anywhere in the United States and be in full compliance.

2 Likes

Hi, Stephen. In what way?

My apologies to InterNACHI for implying InterNACHI is only on par with Harvard and Yale. We’re on a higher level. :slight_smile:

Stephen… note.

1 Like

It is puffery, pure and simple. Trying to compare a new, online school with the likes of Havard or Yale is so far out of being comparative it becomes a joke. You notice he didn’t compare it to a trade school or high school which are also legitimate comparisons. Yes, one accreditation is no different than the other from an accreditation standpoint. It is just another of Nick’s word games trying to insinuate more value than actually exists. But at some point one must realize that these types of constant word games does more to de-legitimize the organization than build it up. In the end I don’t give a rat’s patootie. I’m retired.

Except all of InterNACHI’s courses are FREE. I highly doubt Harvard or Yale offer free education.

You would be wrong

Welcome
| Open Yale Courses

Free Online Courses | Harvard Open Learning Initiative

I see what you’re saying. And I know what Nick is saying. And he’s correct. The main comparison or observation is — for the first time in our home inspection industry, home inspectors have a comparative representation and equivalent credibility to any US Dept of Education-accredited university, college, or school. You mentioned high school and trade schools, but they do not hold an equivalent accreditation. Why? They are not post secondary institutions. Harvard is. Yale is. And now, so is InterNACHI.

I hear you when you say that you don’t care, because you’re retired. We’re not retired. And we do care. But I thank you for the discussion.

Yale online courses are pretty good. Not as good as InterNACHI’s. There are 2 types of accreditation available. Regional and national. Harvard, Yale, and many others are regional. InterNACHI School holds a national accreditation.

And then there’s the tution. Harvard states on that page, “We stay true to this mission today, offering several free courses and nearly 800 for-credit courses at reasonable tuition rates.” Reasonable tuition rates. Hee hee.

And Yale states on their page, “No course credit, degree, or certificate is available through the Open Yale Courses website.” Not even a certificate. Huh.

Big difference.

Many states? How does this apply state by state?

Great news either way.

We’re researching every state law right now, but so far it looks like every state automatically recognizes an institution that is nationally accredited by the U.S. Dept of Education.

For example,

New York
Home Inspector Licensing Law Subpart 197-2
Home Inspection Qualifying Courses
§ 197-2.1 Approved entities. Home Inspection courses and offerings may be given by any college or university accredited by the Commissioner of Education of the State of New York or by a regional accrediting agency accepted by said Commissioner of Education; public and private schools; and home inspection related professional societies and organizations.

Texas
§535.66 Credit for Courses Offered by Accredited Colleges or Universities
For the purposes of this section, an “accredited college or university” is defined as a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association, such as the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, or by a recognized national or international accrediting body. Preapproval of a course offered under subsections (c) or (d). An accredited college and university may submit qualifying courses to the Commission for preapproval by filing a form approved by the Commission.

Massachusetts
5.05: Approval of Providers’ for Education Programs and Activities
(1) Approval of Providers’ for Education Programs and Activities. (a) The Board shall recognize, as Providers for approved Continuing Educational Hours and Education Training Hours coursework, schools approved by the Massachusetts Department of Education without the necessity of the provider submitting an, application, appearing before the Board and submitting the course curriculum and/or the instructors name and vitae. The coursework content must directly relate to the science of Home Inspection.

Arizona
R4-30-247. Home Inspector Certification
Proof of completion of an approved training program showing a minimum of 84 hours of training in accordance with R4-30-247(5). (Training programs must be offered at facilities licensed by their home state post-secondary licensing authority or having an accreditation recognized by the United States Department of Education or by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC));

Nevada
NAC 645D.232  “School” defined. (NRS 645D.120)  “School” means: A university, state college or community college within the Nevada System of Higher Education or any other university or college with the same or an equivalent accreditation.

Interesting that any verbiage regarding ‘physical location’ or ‘internet based’ is not referenced!! So the real question is… Can online learning be provided to inspectors in states such as New York, and such states allow them and be accepted??