Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 5/17/16, 3:41 PM
Nick Gromicko, CMI's Avatar
Nick Gromicko, CMI Nick Gromicko, CMI is online now
Active Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nederland, Colorado
Posts: 60,120
Default InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

http://nachichicago.org/
Reply With Quote
Need a home inspection in Mississippi? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Mississippi certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
  #2  
Old 5/17/16, 3:56 PM
Bob Elliott's Avatar
Bob Elliott Bob Elliott is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37,400
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Have Cory from Bellman group talking .Will be there or be square ...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 5/17/16, 4:01 PM
David Hays David Hays is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to dhays Send a message via MSN to dhays
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Why does it cost so much to be a member of this Chapter? Our Chapters are free in Denver and Colorado Springs.

From the Chicago Chapter site:
$100 – Annual Membership Dues. You are still required to attend at least 1 meeting per Quarter (We would like to see you every month!). Monthly meeting fee is $35. ∗ Special events such as live C.E. Courses may be more.



David Hays
All Points Property Inspections LLC
Denver, CO
720-217-7821
david@allpointinspect.com
www.allpointshomeinspections.org
www.denvercommercialinspections.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 5/17/16, 4:05 PM
Bob Elliott's Avatar
Bob Elliott Bob Elliott is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37,400
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Why does it cost so much to be a member of this Chapter? Our Chapters are free in Denver and Colorado Springs.

From the Chicago Chapter site:
$100 – Annual Membership Dues. You are still required to attend at least 1 meeting per Quarter (We would like to see you every month!). Monthly meeting fee is $35. ∗ Special events such as live C.E. Courses may be more.
They pay rent to Holiday Inn every month.Pizza and soda included .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 5/17/16, 4:36 PM
David Hays David Hays is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to dhays Send a message via MSN to dhays
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belliott View Post
They pay rent to Holiday Inn every month.Pizza and soda included .
We meet at a Perkins in a private room. No cost. Most will order meals and pay for it themselves. I usually spend about $15 including tip.



David Hays
All Points Property Inspections LLC
Denver, CO
720-217-7821
david@allpointinspect.com
www.allpointshomeinspections.org
www.denvercommercialinspections.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 5/17/16, 5:03 PM
Bob Elliott's Avatar
Bob Elliott Bob Elliott is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37,400
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
We meet at a Perkins in a private room. No cost. Most will order meals and pay for it themselves. I usually spend about $15 including tip.
Penny pincher.
I pay $15 just for a burger many joints.

Try and have a good night under $100 and good luck in Chicago.
Just did a condo Downtown and parking was $40 after first 80 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 5/17/16, 6:30 PM
David Hays David Hays is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to dhays Send a message via MSN to dhays
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belliott View Post
Penny pincher.
I pay $15 just for a burger many joints.

Try and have a good night under $100 and good luck in Chicago.
Just did a condo Downtown and parking was $40 after first 80 minutes.
Well I'm not looking for a Date night. LOL.

I hope you are charging enough for the parking and other costs of living in that city.



David Hays
All Points Property Inspections LLC
Denver, CO
720-217-7821
david@allpointinspect.com
www.allpointshomeinspections.org
www.denvercommercialinspections.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 5/17/16, 6:58 PM
Bob Elliott's Avatar
Bob Elliott Bob Elliott is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37,400
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Well I'm not looking for a Date night. LOL.

I hope you are charging enough for the parking and other costs of living in that city.
Just raised a bit but the $40 rate in center of Downtown shocked even me. Used to more like $25 which is high. Found a meter at $6.50@hour and was thankful.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 5/17/16, 7:06 PM
David Hays David Hays is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to dhays Send a message via MSN to dhays
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belliott View Post
Just raised a bit but the $40 rate in center of Downtown shocked even me. Used to more like $25 which is high. Found a meter at $6.50@hour and was thankful.
Did you raise it enough to cover your $40? When I do a downtown condo that I have to pay for parking I charge accordingly.



David Hays
All Points Property Inspections LLC
Denver, CO
720-217-7821
david@allpointinspect.com
www.allpointshomeinspections.org
www.denvercommercialinspections.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 5/17/16, 8:44 PM
Bob Elliott's Avatar
Bob Elliott Bob Elliott is online now
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37,400
Default Re: InterNACHI Chicago meeting on May 19, 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Did you raise it enough to cover your $40? When I do a downtown condo that I have to pay for parking I charge accordingly.
Of course.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:15 AM.
no new posts