InterNACHI Home Page Update

Hey folks,

I know a lot of you have been talking about the NACHI.ORG home page. I just want you to know that so have we. In fact, I’ve been going through redesign iterations for months now. It’s not the kind of thing that you can change overnight, but I think we’re getting close. I thought I’d post our latest mock-up so you guys can get a sense of the direction we’re going with it. I hope it matches what you all have been discussing lately (I haven’t had a chance to read through that thread fully yet).

Once we finalize the design, I’ll have to start converting it to a working prototype. After it’s put together we’ll have to do browser compatibility testing and screen resolution checks. Once we know it works, we’ll probably do so A/B testing to see how it compares to our current home page in certain important metrics. If all goes well, the next step is launch.

Here’s the mock-up. I’d love your feedback. Please excuse me, though, if I don’t reply quickly to everyone—I’ve been extremely busy with a number of projects and can only check the message board from time to time.

Cheers,

Looks good except for the cartoon characters (upper right).

Chris, you’re on the right path. It’s a lot more user friendly, especially to new visitors.

Are you going to be adding any other color to the homepage? It looks like an awful lot of white space. Gradiant colors or borders would be nice.

I just think it would grab the eye a little more.

I’d try moving the Inspector seek stuff to the left side. And there are many better things that could occupy the other half of the top of the front page than the What’s New and Upcoming Events sections.

Thanks Chris. Good to hear that someone is working on it.

It looks kinda busy in the mock up and I think the more resources should be many times larger with large buttons for the choices

Thanks for your efforts.

looks good Chris…more end user friendly.

It still looks to cluttered. IMHO

Holy crap!! Bob and I agree on something.

WAY too cluttered!

I agree with Mark agreeing with Greg, but it is a lot closer to what we need than what we have.

Here’s what I do like:

• Inspector search is much better (I don’t like the graphic though)
  • Does keep some of the existing menus (for quick finds)

Here’s what I dislike:

• Visitor interest links too small
  • Page looks too busy

That is a good first go Chris, thanks for putting that up, I do understand that the task is complicated by the fact that we have so many pages and system types. I’d be happy to help A/B test any future efforts.

Regards

Gerry

If that’s a fact. Looks like this could take a long, long time. :p:D

Same stuff, different day…

Even busier than the existing page and without the benefit of visible side bar naviagation to help a guest out.

We still have conceptual differences between the member inspectors and the owners as to what the INACHI website should focus on…

InterNACHI is a non-profit, tax exempt organization that can’t issue stock and can’t be owned. Having said that though, the new design concept, which is the subject of this thread, was developed by a member of InterNACHI’s Board of Directors.

Yes we know Chris is on the board of directors

And for almost 2 years, I wasn’t on the B.O.D. at all. I just got back on last year.

Chris,

It’s great to see that you are attempting to work on a change. It’s been a long awaited task.

IMO, I think the mock-up continues to look way too busy. You are attempting to separate items but it’s not looking good at this point. What we need is a header area with designated categories so that visitors can go right to their area of choice.

We had conversed (on another thread) about dividing the home page up into three sections, so that people visiting the site would have the ability to go directly to their section of choice, instead of being forced to read information that doesn’t even interest them. Then… on these divided pages, you can further sub-divide into more categories of interest pertaining to that section.

For instance…a HOME BUYER/SELLER area, a REALTOR area, and a HOME INSPECTOR area.

After these areas are designed at the top of the page, then you have the option of inserting iNACHI material below this sectioned area, as you now have as a mock-up.

Yes, it is too busy…still too hard to follow.

What does the Board do?

It’s simply a title.

Very busy, and before we work on that, why dont we work on the message board like getting our full screen back and a “next” and “back” button…