InterNACHI Members like him...

I just want to publicly thank Jeff Pope for his contributions to this board and to me personally. I recently asked to him to briefly review something for me, and what I got in return was more than I would have ever asked of him.

Members like him, and there are many others who provide valued assistance, make this the great association that it is today. I hope that someday I can pay forward to other inspectors what has been freely given to me.

Thanks Jeff!

Well stated, Troy.

I’ve read many posts by you and Jeff, and have both of you in high regard. i have benefitted greatly from items Jeff has posted. Members like him are the main reason I stay part of NACHI.

Troy, i have read post by you on this MB as well as Active Rain. You always come through as a real Pro in your own right. I figure a compliment is only as good as the source.

Thank you Troy. As always, I’m happy to help. I hope you found it useful.

Jeff’s the man! He’s helped me as well with recommendations on equipment, among other things.

I can’t really say it better than Troy so I will just jump on the train and thank Mr. Pope for all of his help. Him and several others have been instrumental to my success.

You guys can add my voice to the mix…thanks Jeff.

**It is unfortunate that a member cannot receive the InterNACHI Member of the Year Award more than once. Jeff is one of only a few past winners that deserve recognition for ‘consistantly’ going above and beyond in helping other members. **

**Note: **
Perhaps this would be a good time to remind everyone that Nominations for Member of the Year are due by approx. December 1st. Nominations may be made at anytime throughout the year. No need to wait until November. If you feel a member is worthy of the award, visit the Awards Portal (link below) for information on the nomination procedure. If you need assistance, contact any of the Awards Committee Members listed at the Portal. Thank you!

Double ditto.

Thanks for all the help you’ve given fellow members Jeff.

Yes Jeffrey I would agree also!

I agree as well, and he has helped me greatly.

Thanks guys. As long as I am able, I will continue to help where I can.

I agree 100% Troy . :slight_smile:

hey Bro’

i don’t see where Jeff has ever been inachi moy?

also can anyone on committee provide where is it stated that past recipients can’t receive an award more than once

Here ya go Barry…

Barry… I know the “MOY only once” statement is correct (I have seen it) and it may have inadvertantly been removed during the many updates and changes to the Awards Portal. I will bring it up for discussion with Committee to confirm, and the Portal will be corrected. This may take a few days. Thanks for pointing this out to us… Jeff

So JP is still eligible to be nominated for NACHI Member of the Year*?

The short answer is no for U.S. Member of the Year.

The long answer is he is still eligible for a different Award.

On 1-21-12 the Awards Committee stopped the Website of the Year Award due to lack of participation and grumbling from some of the Members.

At which time the Members of the Award Committee went into deliberations to reconstruct the Awards.

As part of the reconstruction, all Awards were deleted except the Member of The Year/Gromicko Award, that we felt covered all Awards for any Country.

Jeff had won the U.S. Member of the Year Award which had been amended to read like this over the years;

[FONT=Times New Roman]International Association of Certified Home Inspectors[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AWARDS COMMITTEE[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]INACHI U.S. Member of the YEAR[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Article 1 – Introduction[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The iNACHI U.S. Member of the Year program was created to publicly recognize an iNACHI Member in the US for superior performance during the calendar year, January 1st thru December 10th.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Article 2 – Description of the Program[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The award will be presented to any iNACHI member selected based on exceptional contributions to the iNACHI Association, fellow members, and their individual local community in the following areas:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I. Performs “beyond the call of duty” to improve the service, quality, or image of iNACHI.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]II. Exemplifies professionalism and dedication to excellent service by putting forth the extra effort.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]III. Makes outstanding contributions of significance to the iNACHI organization to fulfill its mission.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The iNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of issuance of this award.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Article 3 – Eligibility[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I. All members of the iNACHI Association are eligible. (Employees, officers, directors, staff, and members who have been compensated are not eligible). [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Members that have been Nominated and received an Award will not be eligible for the same Award in the same Category again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]II. Members that have been Nominated and received an Award will not be eligible for the same Award in the same Category Nomination.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Article 4 – Submission Guidelines[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Entries are for the period of January 1st thru December 10th of any given year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Deadline for submission of nominations is set for December 10th of each year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Candidates are nominated by any group, committee, or member of the iNACHI organization by forwarding a letter or email to the iNACHI Awards Committee with all supporting documentation and recommendations. All submissions received will be considered. Those lacking substantiate supporting documentation may be returned to the submitter for further documentation, verification, or clarification.[/FONT]

The Committee has not yet changed the Eligibility for the Only Award now which is the Gromicko Award or MOY Award.

Any Nomination for an Award this Year will be in the
**Member of The Year/Gromicko Award **

Certificate Awards will also continue as before.

Hope this helps to explain what has happened and my apologies for any confusion that might have occurred.

Let me know if I can help any further. :slight_smile:

Thanks Marcel!

You are welcome Jeff, just hop it helps all understand that we are still here. :slight_smile:

This is one reason I visit this message board, I always get something useful from Jeff’s posts. Thanks Jeff

Please don’t go…:slight_smile: