InterNACHI Provides Closed Captioning for Members with Deafness or Hearing Loss

In an effort to assist students who are deaf or have hearing loss with accessing InterNACHI’s free, online courses, we are providing closed captioning text for our online training videos.

Our first training video course with closed captioning is InterNACHI’s free, online How to Perform Deck Inspections Video Course. We’ll be working to providing closed captioning for all of our videos.

Captioning is the text of the audio portion of a video displayed directly on the video. This may include not only the words, but the sounds that are important to understand and the source of the sound.

Wonderful.

Excellent!

Is it true its hosted by Garrett Morris?

I’m mostly deaf in my right ear.

That joke just told us your age!:stuck_out_tongue:

That is an excellent announcement that INACHI will be helping those with disabilities! Way to go! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it seems that Darth over at the Darkside feels that those with this type disability (and possibly other disabilities ?) does not belong in the inspection business. It seems Darth has never learned that technology has many new ways to help compensate for a hearing loss, and those with these disabilities typically sharpen their other senses and mind to compensate as well. It’s sad that there are still people out there that still look down on those with disabilities! :roll:

Thanks so much Ben and staff!

I have a friend who is quite deaf and has expressed interest in home inspection training.
She is actually going to have a cochlear implant operation soon so hopefully that will help too.

Don’t tell Nathan about her. :roll:

Far as I’m concerned NT is the one with some disabilities.
Seriously disabled in the ethics department for one!

What did Ben say? :stuck_out_tongue:

Closed captioning is now available for the video within our Standards of Practice course at InterNACHI® Home Inspection Standards of Practice Course.

Way to go InterNACHI :smiley: