Introduction

Good Day all. My name is Sam Kingery. I have been a member of InterNACHI since Jan. I started as a student and am taking many of the online classes to better prepare myself to become a HI. My plan is to “open the doors” in May.

A little about myself. I am 40, married with a 13 year old son. I have been a business owner since 2001. First with a business partner, then a few years ago we split the company and went our separate ways. Have been a sole proprietor since then. HI will be the first company I have started from scratch. Am nervous and excited all at the same time.

I am sure I will be asking lots of questions. I could get into alot more about myself, but this isn’t a dating site. Just thought I would do a little introduction.

Thanks,

Welcome Sam, great name by the way! We named our son Samuel. Nice to see InterNACHI hatchlings coming up.

Welcome. Please update your information so we know more about you.

Welcome to the message board forum.
Gets a little nutty from time to time but lots of useful information and
help if you can wade through the “crap”.
May I ask what kind of business you ran and how you decided on becoming an HI?

Tom

We’ve got fun ‘n’ games!

welcome-to-the-jungle-1.jpg

And Troy will Guaranty the fun and games or Double your money back !!..LOL

I couldn’t help myself Troy, just messin around…:cool:

Jim

It’s all good, it’s hard to understand the power of a great USP :slight_smile:

Tom, I have an Alarm business. I install, service and inspect burgular, fire alarms, CCTV and access control. Before the split, I also was a locksmith.

I decided to get into HI for several reasons. I was told there was a need in my area by several people. I have worked doing inspections for Fire Alarms for 17 years. I also did insurance inspections when someone changed there policy. I have been dealing with the public all my working life. And it sounded like fun.

I am hoping that the HI business will take off and I can back off on the alarm business. Maybe even sell it at some point. It has alot of overhead and the things I need to do to increase its income is stuff I don’t want to do anymore.

Sam: did you ever consider franchise operation. It costs more at the

beginning but return of investment is apparently quicker?

Anyway, welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

I am on track to be completely debt free in 3 1/2 years. So, this business will be built up on a cash basis. I will not borrow money to do it. Been down that route and am still trying to get out. Thanks for the information though. I did think about it.

Welcome Sam!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Sam…!

Welcome Sam!

Welcome Sam!!

welcome aboard Sam…

Welcome Sam…

Bert