It's that time....

This is an update regarding my fractured leg.
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=14955

Well, it’s that time. I’m finally going to get my left knee re-constructed. Since my fall six months ago, I’ve been going through rigorous Physical Therapy in order to build up my thigh and calf muscles again. While I was in my leg cast for over three months I had developed Atrophy (where my leg muscles had weakened and wasted away). My leg looked like a thin stick. My orthopedic surgeon wouldn’t even consider performing surgery on my knee with no muscle mass in my leg.

My leg muscles are now built up enough for surgery. So Thursday morning at 8:00 AM, I will finally be under the knife for several hours.

My orthopedic surgeon will be removing my torn and stretched ligaments then replacing them with cadaver ligaments. He told me that he’s going to screw these cadaver ligaments right to the side of my two leg bones (Tibia & Femur). I can hear that drill now.

Anyways, for those who are religious, I really would appreciate your prayers. This particular surgery has a tendency to develop infections. I hope to God that this is not my case. That’s why I need your prayers.

Thank you kindly

Hello David,

Good luck and may God be with you every moment.

Erol Kartal

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hi Dave![/FONT]

I hope this helps!

[FONT=Times New Roman]From a strictly mathematical viewpoint: [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]What Equals 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been in situations where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]
achieving 101%?
What equals 100% in life?

**Here’s a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these **

Questions:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]If:
**A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z **

Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
**11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96% **

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

AND, look how far the **love[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]of God will take you**

L**-**** O****-**** V****-**** E**[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]-O-F-G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%

**Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that: **
While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it’s the ****Love ****of God that will put you over the top![/FONT]

Here is to a speedy recovery David.:slight_smile:

David
There but for the grace of god go I. toasted my right knee a long time ago and the doctors have been trying to get me to do the replacement thing. I will reserve judgement until I hear how you faired.
God go with you my friend.
Larry

My family and prayers are behind you Dave.

I am sure all will be well. :smiley:

Is your ladder for sale?:mrgreen:

I googled “cadaver ligaments”. * Sant’ Anton!!!*

Did you get a second opinion?

I’ve had 3 major (at least 2 were ‘major’) surgeries on my left knee. The last of which was an ACL reconstruction. My new ACL was the center 3rd of my patella tendon. The one that fans out over the knee. The first surgery was for a meniscus torn in what is referred to as a ‘bucket handle’. The damage was from all my stilt work when i was working the trades.

Rehabbing back, only to be torn back down again can be a real test of character. That was the case with me due to the injury occurring on the job. Comp would only approve the procedure they could identify through the MRI. The bummer was that even though the surgeon would identify further damage when inside the knee, he was only authorized to do a certain procedure and had to stick pretty much to it. That was the worst, knowing the damage wasnt totally corrected after all the misery amd hard work, and that the rehab would likely dead end and the next surgery would be coming. Easy to see why comp rates are so high.

I was very athletic prior and still am, but work at it constantly. Do alot of stationary biking and outdoor biking when the Western NY weather will allow. Biking is great in that the impact is little to no. I can reel off about 12 miles in the summer in about 1 hr. and 5-10 minutes without having a heart attack. Fortunately for me, i live in an area of New York that is virtually flat. Actually tailor my work schedule around the weather forecast sometimes to do my biking.

My surgeons encouraging words on the way out of his office for the ‘last’ time following the last surgery was “Don’t walk down stairs more than you have to”. Pretty much assured me a knee transplant is in my future. Still have a few screws in there. A 4th operation was approved due to the muscle/tendons whatever, would get ‘caught’ on the screw end on occasion, and send me through the roof. Couldn’t go back for the 4th. Still have it lock up on occasion when crouching in a crawlspace. Thats a scary one. As is the noise it makes unlocking it. I swear i’ve seen the hair of my client in the air as i depart the crawl after one of those ‘gunks’.

Don’t really know if there is anything in there (above) you can use, but biking is really a good maintenance program after the fact, at least for me.

Good luck,
Adam, A Plus

David,

You know I am not religious, but I do have a relationship with my Savior…you know, the One called Jehova Rapha, meaning the God of Restoration and Healing…hmmm :slight_smile:

May the One who formed you in your mothers womb, Whom before the foundations of the earth knew the plans He had for you, which are Amen and Amen, be the One who you lay your cares before.

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done.”
(Philippians 4:6 NLT)

Good luck Dave

Dave:

Wishing you a speedy recovery. All will be well in time.

David,
Good luck! I will be thinking of you.
where are you having this done?
CJ

Best of luck to you.

David, we (at IBS) will be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

After you get out and want something to do you can call me and I will explain “IBS pounding REALTORs with NACHI brochures” when you feel up to it.

Until then everything is going to be just fine.

Case you need to contact me you can always reach me at (954) 592-0304

DV=speedy

All the best David, everyone here is pulling for ya…eh!

Be well.

Good luck and a speedy return to full active status!

I want to thank you all, for the kind words.

Off I go…

Your faith will get you through… Our thoughts and prayers are with you…

David-

You and your family will be remembered in my prayers.