John Onofrey - Home Hints eNews

I was thinking about developing some type of a news letter for past clients and realtors to keep in touch with them every month but never have the time.

Last month I signed up for John Onofreys news letter instead of making my own.

I only emailed the eNews to about 50 people one night last month. I have thousands of contacts but didn’t have the time to add anymore email addresses of past customers that night. I have not had the time this month to add more addresses or send the eNews out yet for January, but I will at the end of the week.

Today a Realtor called me to schedule an inspection for a 4600 sf house, she said she remembered me after she read the eNews I sent last month. She was the Listing Agent on a home I inspected for a client and have never inspected a home for any of her clients in the past.

So if anyone wants to get in front of past clients VERY EASILY, I highly recommend signing up for Johns eNews, I was astonished when she told me she called me because of the eNews I sent her, never working directly for any of her clients in the past.

I’ve been using for a couple of years now. I couldn’t agree more Dale. The best thing about it is that you don’t even need to think about it.

It is one of the most effective marketing tools that I use.

Dale…you do know it goes out without any effort on your part other than adding names, right? I’ve been a user since Issue #1 and it’s always my #1 marketing tool.

I been so busy Jeff I haven’t even really thought about it since I initially sent the first 50 eNews.

Well if one out of 50 is even a high average for what John’s eNews brings in extra business per month, Wow, it’s certainly worth the small price, I was astonished I’m not kidding you, I couldn’t believe it when the Realtor told me that…!

I get calls and/or emails every time it goes out. Some are just “pleasantries” and others are to book inspections. Be sure and add all the agents you work with to the list. You will be amazed with the results over time. . .

Tell you the truth Mike I haven’t even looked at it since last month, but I will be adding more folks to it when I get a chance this weekend.

I’ve had it for a couple of years now and plan on keeping it. I send it to all my clients & my clients Realtors. I get a lot positive feedback often with it. The biggest plus is it keeps your name fresh. Great marketing tool.

The Jan newsletter will go out very, very soon…add names tonite if you can.

Guess it just snowballs, I just mentioned it here to try and help the new folks who may need an avenue for more work.

I couldn’t imagine what would occur if I added the thousands of people I’ve worked with. Guess I’ll find out when I give my GF something to do—:wink:

It has already gone out, at least here. You can easily send it out yourself to people you just signed up.

That’s true…you can send to those you’ve just added. I forgot about that feature. Mine has not been sent yet…it probably will later tonite or tomorrow I’m sure.

I recommend adding each person individually, not a mass, one shot upload. otherwise each person will have to opt in.

That is what I did last month Kevin, I just added the first 50 or so I had on my HomeGauge software contacts.

I have well over a thousand contacts that receive it each month. If you have email notifications on your cell phone, you may have to turn it off on the days the news letter goes out. Each month, it seems to generate at least 15 or 20 emails from people wanting to just say “hi.”

Jeff…recognize the attached photo? I took it last week just after passing Santa Clarita as we went thru the Tejon Pass. We were on our way up to N. California to visit friends near the southern edge of Yosemite.

OK, back to HomeHints :slight_smile:

Ditto all of the above.

Thanks John!

Jeff…recognize the attached photo? I took it last week just after passing Santa Clarita as we went thru the Tejon Pass. I wish I had gotten a shot of the lake and RR tracks…very impressive. We were on our way up to N. California to visit friends near the southern edge of Yosemite.

OK, back to HomeHints :slight_smile:

I may look into Johns service after reading the above.

Never see any spam from home Hints though,so I guess the list is not being paid for :slight_smile:

You won’t get any Spam from John, or I should say I certainly never have…I tried the eNews because some of the most knowledgeable-successful inspectors here use Johns eNews, after reading the responses from the pro’s here I will get to work setting it up for all my contacts, which will take a while.

If I can get one inspection out of 50 eNews Letters sent, that is a very good ROI…especially from someone who never contacted me for an inspection before.

That’s my back yard. . .