Last Night, In Nuremberg

Last Night, In Nuremberg

Posted on September 3rd, 2008 by Justin Raimondo

Watching the Republican convention is like something out of It Can’t Happen Here, the prescient novel by Sinclair Lewis, of how authoritarianism could come to this country in the name of “Americanism”. With Orson Swindle — truly a Sinclair-ish moniker – the exemplar of cornpone populism, leading off the festivities, what we saw was panoply of militarism as a political and aesthetic ideal. I kept expecting Berzelius Windripto take the podium.

Notice how the prelude was a carefully orchestrated paean to various military figures, softened only by Laura Bush’s melodious Donna Reedishness. Hailing the identity politics the GOP has adopted, the First Lady hailed Sarah Palin as “the first woman vice president.” The leaders of the women’s auxialliary of the Red State Fascistparty are named and honored: she stumbled, slightly, but noticeably, when she got to the part about her husband. She promised “straight talk” — ok, I thought, go for it, Laura. “The most important educational reforms in a generation” … blah blah blah. She’s so glossy and bright, she might be an advertisement for floor wax. “Love your neighbor.” Yeah, tell it to the Iraqis, Laura. “Faith-based initiatives.” Here’s a faith-based initiative for you: I have such faith in the American people that I believe they’ll reject this Nuremberg rally of warmongers, whose “USA USA USA” mantra is low and ominous, like the beating of war drums. People in the audience are holding up signs that say, simply, “Service.” What they mean is: service to the State.

Excerpt read it all here: http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/09/03/last-night-in-nuremberg/

Meaning of - ‘Service’-

[FONT=Monotype Corsiva][size=5]I became confused when I heard these terms which reference the word ‘service’.
[/FONT][/size]
**Internal Revenue ‘Service’ **
**U.S. Postal ‘Service’ **
**Telephone ‘Service’ **
T.V. 'Service’
**Civil ‘Service’ **
**City & County Public ‘Service’ **
**Customer ‘Service’ **
and ‘Service’ Stations

**[FONT=Monotype Corsiva][size=5]This is not what I thought ****‘service’ meant. But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to ‘service’ a few cows. **
BAM!!! It all came into perspective. I now understand what all those ‘service’ agencies are doing to us.[/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Monotype Corsiva][size=5]I take great joy in broadening your horizons, once again,
I just hope you are as enlightened as I am.[/size][/FONT]

RNC convention like “Nuremburg”? Ya gotta be kidding me.

Seems like these leftys are REAL intellegent, doesn’t it.

Kinda like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLs60ZaNW4

Stupid can’t be cured. Too bad.

You forgot to say “apologies to Ron White”. :mrgreen:

You mean,… Tater SALAD?? :smiley: