License and certification.

I am still somewhat unclear as to the actual state licenceing and certification. Is it now possible to become completely certified with InterNACHI online or will I have to take a exam in person in Arizona?

What state are you in? Kind of a silly question without giving any details…

Yes I suppose I should have mentioned this is in Arizona.

Did you read this page yet? How to Become a Certified Home Inspector in Arizona - InterNACHI

You can do it online now in Arizona through InterNACHI. InterNACHI is the sole provider as we are the only school that has been awarded U.S. Department of Education accreditation. The courses are free. You still have to take the state proctored exam. How to Become a Certified Home Inspector in Arizona - InterNACHI

Arizona State Board of Technical Registration

If you really want a great experience take the florida pre licence course to give you experienceanywhere else. Florida Home Inspector Pre-Licensing Training in Florida – InterNACHI House of Horrors

You will need also, to file your Articles of Organization with your Secretary of State and trademark your business name. You will need to make sure the business name is not already trademarked.
I had a Jamoke call me saying I copied his business name. He was very upset, BUT wrong.
You don’t need a lawyer for this.

Thanks guys! So, Nick what classes and or how many hours are required before I can take the state exam? Ive finsished the sop and the coe already.

Thanks

You have a long way to go. I recommend that you contact who’s ever in charge in the state of Arizona, that’s who will license you, not Nick.

License Requirements

Ok, Well I have a lot more class hours than that. I’ve also started doing parallels. I’m just trying to get some idea of how best to approach the state exam.

There is now one exception to the 84 hours of classroom training. The exception is written into the legislation, and that is InterNACHI’s online courses. Read How to Become a Certified Home Inspector in Arizona - InterNACHI

(a). According to R4-30-247 of the Arizona Administrative Code, an applicant must show evidence of successful completion of 84 hours of classroom training or an equivalent course conducted by an educational facility accredited by an accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education.

InterNACHI® School is accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration requires that students submit a transcript to the AZBTR for determination of approval, so do that first.