Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7/11/13, 11:48 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Default Re: Members, please help. Nathan Thornberry coming to NACHI.TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthornberry View Post
Just put it into a coherent question before we shoot. Thanks!
I'm sure Joe, as well as I, are interested in an answer now. Because we won't be watching your per-rehearsed video.

Also the question can't be more coherent, or to the point, then it is.
Need a home inspection in Massachusetts? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Massachusetts certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/12/13, 12:00 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Nick, after much further thought, I have decided this Nathan TV thing is useless the way you are doing it other than to bring in a few more hits to NACHI which you already new that. I posted a question to ask, use it or not, but after this post I will not be giving this ridicules stunt any further thought.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia Certification#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 7/12/13, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
I am pleased to announce that my friend Nathan Thornberry will be my guest on an upcoming episode of www.NACHI.TV

The interview will cover topics such as RecallChek, 90-day warranties, the Alarm Leads Program, the forthcoming Honesty-Integrity-Confidentiality project, new InterNACHI-exclusive offers, and another new book in the works.

I'll be doing the interview myself and I need some help from members to prepare. Please post any suggested questions you'd like me to ask Nathan and I'll try to include them.
How about a phone in show with questions from members? You know, on the spot without prep. Some good old candid convo?
That should bring in the hits to the site!
Old 7/12/13, 1:00 AM
Active Poster

I could probably arrange that.
Old 7/12/13, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
I could probably arrange that.
Now that is definitely something I would watch! I actually like this idea. I see where you are trying to go with it, but I think it needs some tweaking. Phone in would be great. If it could be arranged with an equal amount of views on both sides it should be pretty effective. Although, it might turn into a Q& A between members and you and Nathan could play checkers on the big desk...

How are the new NACHI TV training videos doing?
Old 7/12/13, 7:53 AM
InterNACHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthornberry View Post
I'll be happy to answer any question specifically, including ones that may pertain to any particular Ethics Violation.
Nathan,
Due to serious health issues I have not been monitoring the InterNachi bulletin board for quite some time. I am unaware of “all of the details” as to the animosity displayed on several threads.

I have no dog in this hunt. {I am not a member of any committee (s)} Nor do I want to get “involved”, but as I see no one is asking any questions I thought I would.

From what I understand you have been accused of violating several articles of the “InterNachi code of Ethics”. Some of the ESOP members state that you are not only found guilty but {by majority vote} you were also “expelled/kicked out” of InterNachi.

They also state that even though the majority of the ESOP committee voted to expel you from InterNachi Nick has decided to ignore their findings.
According to several posts on this bulletin board Nick has effectively nullified and “castrated” the ESOP committee.

My questions are…..
1. Do you recognize the authority of the ESOP committee?
2. As a member of InterNachi will you submit to their findings?
3. Did the ESOP committee by a majority vote expel you from InterNachi? If so, why was the majority decision ignored and why are you still here?
4. Are you “exempt” from their findings?

Signed, Frank Carrio, CMI
Certified Master Inspector & Consultant
Retired Certified Commercial Building Inspector
Retired Certified, WDI/WDO Inspector
Founder & Current President, New Hampshire State Chapter InterNACHI
InterNACHI, State Representative for Legislative Affairs
Retired: ICC Member
Retired: Code Compliance Inspector.
Retired: ASTM Committee Member
New Hampshire Home Inspectors State License #0096
Old 7/12/13, 8:05 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarrio View Post
Nathan,
Due to serious health issues I have not been monitoring the InterNachi bulletin board for quite some time. I am unaware of “all of the details” as to the animosity displayed on several threads.

I have no dog in this hunt. {I am not a member of any committee (s)} Nor do I want to get “involved”, but as I see no one is asking any questions I thought I would.

From what I understand you have been accused of violating several articles of the “InterNachi code of Ethics”. Some of the ESOP members state that you are not only found guilty but {by majority vote} you were also “expelled/kicked out” of InterNachi.

They also state that even though the majority of the ESOP committee voted to expel you from InterNachi Nick has decided to ignore their findings.
According to several posts on this bulletin board Nick has effectively nullified and “castrated” the ESOP committee.

My questions are…..
1. Do you recognize the authority of the ESOP committee?
2. As a member of InterNachi will you submit to their findings?
3. Did the ESOP committee by a majority vote expel you from InterNachi? If so, why was the majority decision ignored and why are you still here?
4. Are you “exempt” from their findings?

Great questions, but lets go a little further.

1. Did you see any of the information and the exact details of the situation.
2. Did you get any chance to rebuttals the accusations.
3. Were you in any fashion, given the right to defend yourself?
4. We you given a formal letter stating the exact findings you were guilty of, the exact circumstances?
5. How do you feel that people who were not on the committee had the results before you and all the exact details before anyone else?
6. Do you feel it is fair that others condemn you with ESOP "facts" when you have never formally received anything in writing?

The people on that panel are a outstanding and maybe thy did make the right call, but for ANY person to have this serious of a accusations and possible penalties to not have a voice in the process is simply crazy...

Comprehensive Building Consultants
Naples Home Inspection, Naples Mold Inspection, Naples Radon Inspection, Bonita Springs Home Inspection, Bonita Springs Mold Inspection, Bonita Springs Radon Inspection.

Old 7/12/13, 8:23 AM

Question :
Nathan what happens to the client info we provide you ? . Please give detail info.
In addition, which service that you provide doesn't require the clients personal info other than the standard info such as name , address , phone number ect..ect. ?

InterNACHI Lifetime Member.
www.1stproinspection.com
roy@1stproinspection.com
Serving Gainesville Florida and surrounding areas.
Florida Certified Contractor #CRC1328001
Florida Certified Home Inspector #HI7019
Deus solus me iudicare potest
#1st Pro Inspection
Old 7/12/13, 8:23 AM
InterNACHI Member

These questions bear repeating....The membership has asked these Questions over and over and ESOP refuses to answer any of them on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhensel View Post

4. We you given a formal letter stating the exact findings you were guilty of, the exact circumstances?
5. How do you feel that people who were not on the committee had the results before you and all the exact details before anyone else?
6. Do you feel it is fair that others condemn you with ESOP "facts" when you have never formally received anything in writing?

The people on that panel are a outstanding and maybe thy did make the right call, but for ANY person to have this serious of a accusations and possible penalties to not have a voice in the process is simply crazy...

George Russell
George Russell Professional Inspections
Lampasas,Texas
TREC # 10215
512-296-9538
http://georgerussellprofessionalinspections.com/
http://www.facebook.com/austinhomeinspections
Old 7/12/13, 8:35 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Been there saw the results my answer's in red, it happened to me and others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhensel View Post

No..

..No
..No
..No
..I was not allowed to present and rebuttal.. I do not fault the committee for their decision except I do feel they should have demanded to be able to see what I did wrong
..I do know Joe lied more then once .
I have said many times the ESOP with Joe Farsetta the dictator should be disbanded

I have since talked to one who was on the ESOP committee and he said no way should I have been suspended .

Want to talk please send me your phone number .
Old 7/12/13, 8:49 AM

I don't see how answering any complaints about ethics which have already be hashed out by that committee would help me with my business .
I want to here about his services and how they will help me make more money.
And not this constant debate that hasn't got nowhere with up-teen threads and post.

Roy L.

InterNACHI Lifetime Member.
www.1stproinspection.com
roy@1stproinspection.com
Serving Gainesville Florida and surrounding areas.
Florida Certified Contractor #CRC1328001
Florida Certified Home Inspector #HI7019
Deus solus me iudicare potest
#1st Pro Inspection
Old 7/12/13, 10:13 AM

Here is a question since no one on this message board has answered it:
Nathan and for that matter, other inspectors, List specifically any and all information collected from your clients.
Is it as simple as an e mail address and phone number, or, are inspectors/vendors collecting income numbers, ss numbers, DoB, etc?
Old 7/12/13, 10:34 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandeven View Post
Here is a question since no one on this message board has answered it:
Nathan and for that matter, other inspectors, List specifically any and all information collected from your clients.
Is it as simple as an e mail address and phone number, or, are inspectors/vendors collecting income numbers, ss numbers, DoB, etc?
Let's see...I get a name, a phone number, most times I get an e-mail address (some folks still don't use computers) and every so often I get a current billing address.
Now when I run a credit card I get more than that but that information runs through my hands and no one else except Square.....
Not seeing the big concern.....

George Russell
Lampasas,Texas
TREC # 10215
512-296-9538
Need a home inspection in Massachusetts? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Massachusetts certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/12/13, 10:37 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grussell View Post
Let's see...I get a name, a phone number, most times I get an e-mail address (some folks still don't use computers) and every so often I get a current billing address.
Now when I run a credit card I get more than that but that information runs through my hands and no one else except Square.....
Not seeing the big concern.....
Then again I don't share any of the above....I won't even give out client's phone numbers for reference purposed. That has upset a couple of potential clients until I explain that I won't share their number either.....

George Russell
Lampasas,Texas
TREC # 10215
512-296-9538
Old 7/12/13, 11:12 AM

Ok, here are my questions.

Nathan, it's no secret you require the personal/contact information of the clients of Home Inspectors who use your service.

1. How long do you keep the Home Inspector's Client personal/contact information?

2. If the Home Inspector's Client doesn't want the Home Inspector to release their personal/contact information to anyone, do you allow or encourage the Inspector's that use your service to provide an "OPT OUT" option on their PIA for their Clients?

3. If you receive a Home Inspector's Client personal/contact information, and that Client then decides he doesn't want your services anymore, do you keep their personal/contact information or do you delete it from your system?

4. If a Home Inspector that currently uses your services decides he doesn't want to use them anymore, what happens to all of the Home Inspector's Client personal/contact data that you've already collected?

Kevin M. Leonard
Ohio Home Inspections
Cincinnati Ohio
513-895-7700