Mold Inspection poll

To all Inspectors,

I was asked these questions and I thought I would let you answer.

How many inspectors are performing mold inspections?
For those inspectors, mold inspections account for what % of your work?
Why do/don’t people test for mold when buying a home?

We always recommend a visual inspection first, and look for signs of active moisture intrusion, like plumbing leaks, roof leaks, visible mold, HVAC problems or any moisture source that would allow mold to grow.

If we find any of the above and the customer wants samples we will take samples.

We do not recommend sampling with every home inspection. In my opinion many inspectors push mold sampling waaay to hard. Just my opinion and many may disagree.

Mold inspections account for less than 1 % of my work.

10 percent

I think the information is skewed. I mean “How many inspectors are performing mold inspections?” could be one poll, and then
“For those inspectors, mold inspections account for what % of your work” could be another poll, and then “Why do/don’t people test for mold when buying a home?” could be a thread.

Run on poll, needs a run on sentence. :wink:

Me too, here here, you said it better then I could.

I get most of my mold sampling work through Service Magic at $9 a lead, usually 1-2 per week. I use Porter Valley software for my reports and Pro-Lab for analysis. B-Cam for further analysis and Protimeter to verify moisture. Life is good!!! :slight_smile: