Moose In The Headlights

Moose In The Headlights

Charlie: Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?

Palin: In what respect, Charlie?

Charlie: What do you interpret it to be?

Palin: His worldview?

Charlie: No, No, the Bush Doctrine. He enunciated it in September 2002, before the Iraq War.

Palin: I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is to rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hellbent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made. And with new leadership–and that’s the beauty of American elections and democracy–with new leadership comes the opportunity to do things better.

Charlie: The Bush Doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory defense. We have the right to preemptively strike any other country that we believe is going to attack us.

Scary to say the least! I bet not one Republican who posts here knows what the Bush Doctrine is!

I support staying on the offense against terrorism.
Beats waiting for them to strike us again.

Joe, so to you all preemptive wars are wrong?

Sarah is doing just fine.

Just look how nervous in the service the former Obamessiah is:

Democrats on Capitol Hill fear Obama fallout

By Andrew Ward in Washington
Published: September 11 2008 23:30 | Last updated: September 11 2008 23:30

Democratic jitters about the US presidential race have spread to Capitol Hill, where some members of Congress are worried that Barack Obama’s faltering campaign could hurt their chances of re-election.

Battle for Congress Suddenly Looks Competitive

**Democrats’ double-digit lead on the “generic ballot” slips to 3 points**

Obama plans sharper tone as party frets

Senator Barack Obama will intensify his assault against Senator John McCain, with new television advertisements and more forceful attacks by the candidate and surrogates beginning Friday morning, as he confronts an invigorated Republican presidential ticket and increasing nervousness in the Democratic ranks.

McCain’s choice of Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska as his running mate and the resulting jolt of energy among Republican voters appear to have caught Obama and his advisers by surprise and added to concern among some Democrats that the Obama campaign was not pushing back hard enough against Republican attacks in a critical phase of the race

Obama mocks McCain as computer illiterate](http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080912/D93535MG0.html)

NEW YORK (AP) - John McCain is mocked as an out-of-touch, out-of-date computer illiterate in a television commercial out Friday from Barack Obama as the Democrat begins his sharpest barrage yet on McCain’s long Washington career.

The new fighting spirit comes as McCain has been gaining in the polls and some Democrats have been expressing concern the Obama campaign has not been aggressive enough. Obama’s campaign says the escalation will involve advertising and pushes made by the candidate, running mate Joe Biden and other surrogates across the country.

I am not a Republican, I am a conservative.

But, I know what the Bush Doctrine and know that it is nothing new. Countries have always had the right to defend themselves. The only change, here, is not in the policy, but in the application in the modern world where, with Nukes and other WMDs, a country cannot afford to actually let their enemy strike first.

The U.S. policy of pre-emptive attack was first determined to exist in 1937, after the Caroline Affair (look it up). States have an inherent right to self defense through pre-emptive war and military action.

Consider Israel. One or two standard sized nukes would totally destroy the whole country. So, does Israel have to wait until an actual nuke hits them before they can strike back? No. In fact, Iran has already sworn, publically and many times, that it will destroy Israel.

Al-Quida and other terrorist groups have already “declared war” on the U.S. This occured ling before 911.

In my opinion, the only thing “new” with Bush is that he actually did something about it, whereas Clinton just hemed and hawed. Clinton got congressional approval to over throw Hussein in 1998, but he never followed through. Clinton had Bin Ladin in his sights in 1999, but told the operators NOT to pull the trigger.

So, for a first time interview with a number or baut and switch questions, I believe she did pretty good. Not great, but pretty good.

Did Bush enter the race today? I must have missed the announcement!;-):roll:

Looks like our “friends” in the MSM left a few parts out of the Gibson interview of Sarah Palin.

Now why would they do that?

ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview

A transcript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context

Joe B. lives in a fantasy world were he wants to carry a gun and shoot an intruder before they
shoot him… but does not want the United States to have the right to do the same.

There is a big difference between shooting an intruder before they shoot you and entering a suspected intruders house preemptively and murdering them while they are asleep.

This shoot-first American foreign policy is the power that John would bequeath the imperial president of the United States, unfortunately it has nothing to do with national defense and everything to do with globalization and the new world order.

It is a shame that Palin didn’t build the Bridge-To-Nowhere because when the Republicans lose in November they would then have something to jump off or live under.

Any examples or is that just a left over John Kerry talking point?

Examples are all around you all you need do is pull your head out of your a$$ to see them.

So you don’t have any then?

I see.:shock:

So…back to the important stuff…does God have a mustache?

You either, eh Jim?:frowning:

She definitely does not! :wink:

You two sure run out of answers when challenged on the facts.:frowning:

“Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.” ~ Ronald Reagan

LOL

You mean that whole flood thing was just PMS?

The Liberal Mantra

** IT’S THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE CHARGE ! **

This has become such a ridiculous notion by the left and by the media and is an absolute insult to the intelligence of the American people! The seriousness of the charge ! **Who gives a rip about evidence or proof or anything else. As long as any ridiculous charge can be made that is all that matters**.:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I am sure you are not talking about Iraq & Afganistan where the policy of Hussain was to shoot at our aircraft daily and the terrorist Taliban & Al Queda to crash planes into our buildings. I know you probably meant to say our shoot second policy!

Randy, we can only guess what Joey is talking about.

He’s into mantras lately.