Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

Old 11/7/09, 10:09 PM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

Default Re: News Flash: Shootings at Fort Hood

I'm still waiting for the first Muslim to condemn the 9/11 attacks.

I'm not holding my breath.

Joseph A. Ferry, Esquire
Suite 200
Two Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA 19102

215-854-6444 tel.
215-243-8202 fax

Visit my website.

Follow me on Twitter.

Email me. Don't send me a private message.
Find an InterNACHI certified South Carolina Home Inspector (and anywhere else in North America)
Old 11/7/09, 10:26 PM
Active Poster

Please Note: rbrady is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferry1 View Post

ADAMS Condemns 911 Attacks

With the Name of God, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful
All Dulles Area Muslim Society(ADAMS)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9/11/2001
The All Dulles Area Muslim Society(ADAMS) Deplores and Condemns The Attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon
(Herndon, VA 9/11/2001) The All Dulles Area Muslim Society(ADAMS), along with other Muslim organizations throughout North America, strongly condemns this mornings plane attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon and expresses deep sorrow for Americans that were injured and killed. ADAMS sends out its condolence to all victims of this cowardly terrorist attack. There is no cause that justifies this type of an immoral and inhumane act that has affected so many innocent American lives. ADAMS supports all efforts of the investigation in order to track down the people responsible for this tragic act of terrorism. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.
ADAMS is setting up a Fund to help the victims and the family of victims. ADAMS is also arranging a blood donation drive to help the victims and the family of victims.
http://www.adamscenter.org/Media/Art...11Attacks.aspx
Old 11/7/09, 10:32 PM
Active Poster

Please Note: rbrady is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klott View Post
Truth be told, Hasan was a good muslim, the Koran teaches that all muslims should do exactly as he has. Like I said before, a true muslim cannot be a true American, they contradict each other. It is totally irresponsible to allow muslim soldiers be part of the military when we are at war with muslim nations. But hey, we now have a muslim president!
Muslims here decry religious extremism
Chicago Sun-Times
July 30, 2005

By Emily Ngo
Staff reporter

http://www.suntimes.com/output/terror/cst-nws-fatwa30.html

In light of bomb attacks in London and Egypt, Muslim interest groups in Chicago on Friday joined Muslims nationwide in publicly decrying acts of violence performed for religion's sake.

Several Muslim interest groups here officially endorsed the fatwa, or religious decree, issued by the Fiqh Council of North America against religious extremism.

According to the teachings of the Quran (aka Koran), acts of terrorism targeting innocents are forbidden in Islam, the fatwa reads. The decree seeks to remind Muslims that Islam condemns violence and to assure non-Muslims that not all of the Islamic world resorts to violent means.

"We believe suicide bombing is criminal and sinful," said Imam Abdul Malik Mujahid, chairman of the Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago. "Killing civilians, for whatever cause, will result in God's utter displeasure."

Ahmed Rehab, of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Mohammed Kaiseruddin, president of the Muslim Community Center, and other area leaders joined Mujahid at the Downtown Islamic Center, 231 S. State, to announce their support of the fatwa.

'Educational process' to all

"If we knew any terrorists, we wouldn't be holding a press conference, we'd be calling 911," Mujahid said, adding that Islamic residents are a "clean community."

To dispel misconceptions of the Islamic community, energies should be focused on educating young Muslims, said Sheikh Kifah Mustapha, of the Mosque Foundation.

"Misinterpretation of the texts by youths [can lead to] blowing up people worldwide," said Mustapha, who heads education efforts in Bridgeview.

The Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago will host a youth summit this weekend in Villa Park to help "young people leading the community" contribute to a more positive Muslim image, said council director Muneer Aliuddin.

"You cannot take the lives of human beings at any cost," Mujahid said. "The fatwa is an educational process to Muslims and non-Muslims."
Old 11/7/09, 10:38 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferry1 View Post

9/11 Anniversary Is Time To Reflect For Muslims

By Kaleem Kawaja Published: September 11, 2008

Kaleem Kawaja
Muslim Community Center, Washington DC
Association of Indian Muslims of America, Washington DC
So here we are at the seventh anniversary of the day of infamy 9/11/2001. For everyone it is time to reflect why such a horrible event occurred. But more than others it is time for the global Muslim community and the American Muslim community to introspect and reflect on the consequences of this awfully destructive act committed by a set of their co-religionists. An overwhelming majority of Muslims all over the world have condemned this act of lunacy. Without doubt it violated the most basic teachings of Islam, Quran and prophet Mohammad, and it painted a totally erroneous and damaging picture of Islam, a religion whose very name spells peace and submission to the will of our Creator.
Those misled Muslim terrorists who thought they were protesting the mistreatment of the Muslim ummah by the Western powers actually contributed to the creation of much magnified problems for their community for many years to come. It is against basic human philosophy to kill and destroy innocent people because someone wants to express his/her outrage, no matter how serious the outrage may be.
The lives and futures of the many million Muslims who live in Western countries have been undoubtedly harmed by this lunatic act. As for Muslims in US, they have been effectively rendered into second class citizens and it may take fifty or more years for them to recover from this setback. They have lost trust with the majority non-Muslim community in US whose cooperation they need to become a part of the mainstream in their adopted country.
The best thing that Muslims everywhere and especially Muslims in US can do on this anniversary is to pledge to increase their interfaith efforts, their efforts to be friends with people of other communities and build bridges of understanding with them.
Old 11/7/09, 10:45 PM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via AIM to gbeaumont Send a message via MSN to gbeaumont Send a message via Yahoo to gbeaumont

Quote:
Originally Posted by klott View Post
Truth be told, Hasan was a good muslim, the Koran teaches that all muslims should do exactly as he has. Like I said before, a true muslim cannot be a true American, they contradict each other. It is totally irresponsible to allow muslim soldiers be part of the military when we are at war with muslim nations. But hey, we now have a muslim president!

"To realize our true destiny, we must be guided not by a myth from our past, but by a vision of our future."
(Mark B Adams)

Commercial property Inspection Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Jacksonville, Ft Launderdale, Miami, Florida.
NACHI cell 484-429-5466
NACHI02121106

Old 11/7/09, 10:59 PM
Registered InterNACHI Vendor

No prominent Muslim has condemned the attacks of 9/11.

Citing ADAMS as a Muslim Organization that condemned the attacks is the moral equivalent of citing a parish CYO.

Joseph A. Ferry, Esquire
Suite 200
Two Penn Center Plaza
Philadelphia, PA 19102

215-854-6444 tel.
215-243-8202 fax

Visit my website.

Follow me on Twitter.

Email me. Don't send me a private message.
Old 11/8/09, 10:29 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Imagine... No religion, it's easy if you try.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Let us never forget... Hillary Clinton won the Popular Vote.

Certified Master Inspector - 2010
Florida Licensed Home Inspector - HI176
Florida Licensed Mold Assessor - MRSA208

Square-One Inspection "Assurance begins here"
Old 11/8/09, 11:58 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlarson View Post
I agree with you but lets admit that until the radical elements of The Religion of Peace are repudiated by the those that claim the same religion it will continue.

I know a number of Muslims that do not support the activities of these radicals but most say and do nothing about it.
Same can be said about most People Micheal
why should they be any different?
Old 11/8/09, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeaumont View Post
LOL Gerry i agree.
With that kind of thinking Japanese Americans would be allowed Mexicans , German, and Indians. Oh yeah how about the Brits . It would be left to join the Military.
Old 11/8/09, 12:09 PM

Btw i do believe the Man should have the death sentence. It was the worst crime committed to the Men and Women who protect our country. They have enough to worry about. With out looking over their shoulder on home ground. Unfortunately it seems it is going to become a religious debate , How many Muslims have fought and died protecting this country and nothing ever is said. I think it is time for silence and respect for the fallen and injured.
Old 11/8/09, 12:25 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Send a message via Yahoo to bboerner

You guys do know the man is only of Muslim decent. Yes he may practice however he was born and raised right here in the good ole USA. He lost his mind plain and simple and wants us to think he did it for the Muslim world. He wanted out of the service and did not want to deploy and that's why he freaked out and tried to take everybody out with him IMO.

STL Home Inspection Services
Residential / Radon / Sewer / Thermal /
Termite / Gas / Mold / Level 2 Chimney

Bill Boerner
Multi Inspector Firm
(314) 805-2137
office@stlhomeinspector.com
Stlhomeinspector.com
Serving: St. Louis and Surrounding
Old 11/8/09, 1:00 PM

I agree Billy , It is easy to jump on the band wagon. Long and short this guy was not rational. No one will probably ever know what flipped him. as the guy that walked into a church here and shot several people at childrens Christmas Play, Saying he was sick of all the Liberials and their thinking. It was a Unitarian church. No one from there condem all the conservatives by his actions.It should be a time to think of all the killed and injured At the base . As we do this include the brave souls deployed and in harms way.
Old 11/8/09, 3:38 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboerner View Post
You guys do know the man is only of Muslim decent. Yes he may practice however he was born and raised right here in the good ole USA. He lost his mind plain and simple and wants us to think he did it for the Muslim world. He wanted out of the service and did not want to deploy and that's why he freaked out and tried to take everybody out with him IMO.

Anyone who thinks this guy lost his mind is kidding themselves...... these PLANNED MURDERS are just that............they were well planned.
Because of PC gone awry in the military (failing to kick his arse out in the first place) has allowed a home grown TERRORIST to kill our fine men and women............to take away from those fact because it is politically correct is a makes lights of what this terrorist did and is.

Jeff
Find an InterNACHI certified South Carolina Home Inspector (and anywhere else in North America)
Old 11/8/09, 3:39 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwilson3 View Post
I agree Billy , It is easy to jump on the band wagon. Long and short this guy was not rational. No one will probably ever know what flipped him. as the guy that walked into a church here and shot several people at childrens Christmas Play, Saying he was sick of all the Liberials and their thinking. It was a Unitarian church. No one from there condem all the conservatives by his actions.It should be a time to think of all the killed and injured At the base . As we do this include the brave souls deployed and in harms way.

Liberal Naivety at its best...
Old 11/8/09, 3:44 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Send a message via Yahoo to bboerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaynes View Post
Anyone who thinks this guy lost his mind is kidding themselves...... these PLANNED MURDERS are just that............they were well planned.
Because of PC gone awry in the military (failing to kick his arse out in the first place) has allowed a home grown TERRORIST to kill our fine men and women............to take away from those fact because it is politically correct is a makes lights of what this terrorist did and is.

Jeff
Anyone who kills 13 people and injures multiple others is not sane plain and simple. Call him what you want. The man was distressed and extremely angry at the government for not releasing him from duty and for assigning him to IRAQ. So instead of handling the stress he simply planned out a crazy attack just like you said and killed innocent men and women. Anyone who commits acts like this is mentally ill to some extent or has severe problems within themself. I've studied this for years. My mother was killed in the same fashion when I was 16 on a much smaller scale of course. The man who took her life had many problems and couldn't handle the pressure any longer so he did exactly as the Major and decided if he's going he might as well take someone with him.

STL Home Inspection Services
Residential / Radon / Sewer / Thermal /
Termite / Gas / Mold / Level 2 Chimney

Bill Boerner
Multi Inspector Firm
(314) 805-2137
office@stlhomeinspector.com
Stlhomeinspector.com
Serving: St. Louis and Surrounding