PHONE REPAIR--interesting...

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report that her phone failed to ring when her friends called–and on the few occasions when it did her dog would moan just before the phone rang.

A telephone line repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see the psychic dog–or senile old lady.

He climbed the telephone pole, hooked up his testing equipment, and dialed the suscriber’s house number.

The phone did not ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the phone rang.

Climbing down from the pole, the lineman found:

1. The dog was tied to the phone system’s ground wire with a steel chain and collar,

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose,

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signalling current,

4. And, after a couple of jolts, the dog would begin to moan loudly, then it would urinate.

5. The wet ground completed the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

All of which proves that you can solve problems by pissing and moaning.

I just thought you should know.

Yikes
Only 49 volts in USA.

I got a laugh, thanks Jae:D

Yep i seen this in a town called *Fenelon Falls every time the phone rang the dog would yelp. chain and metal choker .

Ringing volts Bob is up to 90 dc. 48 volt for the phone power

I used to strip the wires with my teeth every day.

LOL that why the curly hair

I backed into the Old frame where all the lines came in Rows of coils . that woke me up.

More like no hair,no teeth.

The 90 V is there only when it’s being rung.
And it is not 60 Hz.

A mutated version of one of the oldest telephone company jokes in the world. Us old lineman passed along versions of this one 30 years ago. It was probably told 30 years before that, during Jae’s heyday! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if the joke was old then, but I sure was!!!

Not a joke John i worked for the phone company 23 years,PBX man had me go check the ground with a megger. (somewhat like a bad ground on a welder) it will give a shot.

Old funny tale then?

Here is another version of it on this “Funny Phone Joke” web page:

I know, I know, it’s not a joke. I will submit to your version of reality on this one Wayne. :wink:

LOL ok John
I Figured the Company would not send me out on wild goose chase. We charged 115 a hour for our services Dept to dept. Anyway it was a combo of a bad ground wet soil .And of course a screw up with the phone company. Seen a lot of wired thing come in. I especially love the melted phone set from Lightning. Or the ones that came with faulty ringers ( full of roaches).
Now here is a good one for you a radio station did on Aprils fools day reported not to use the phone for 15 min at 9.00 because we where blowing dust out of the lines. One lady did call in and complain she wanted her carpet cleaned . lol
The we went through a period with people stopping us and asking how long it took to cook a chicken, another advertisement going bad lol.