Pro Lab

Did Hurricane Irma shut them down?

I sent a mold sample to Pro Lab over 2 weeks ago and got an email from them yesterday saying they got my package and will have a report for me in 10 days.

I only did this mold sampling as a favor but even as a favor its taking too long.

Any other company that does mold reports quicker?

EMSL in Plymouth, MN. They cost more than ProLab, but considering what ProLab just cost you… they are priced right!

PRO-LAB has been up and running for a week.

The Area of Weston, Florida was hit extreemly hard and lost power for a long time that with the imagined increase in the need of their services makes it seem not so long to me.

I have met the owner Jamie and know many of his staff and they always strive for 100% customer satisfaction. I am certain they are doing the best they can. Perhaps a phone call to them may help move you up the line. It is extremely rare as I have NEVER heard of anyone dissatisfied with their service. I can put you in touch with the guy I deal with most if you like, just send me an email and I’ll send you his contact info.

Why ship to Florida (or any other state), when there is an excellant Accredited Lab across town? If you must ship, I can think of much better labs to ship to. (This applies for Radon also, not just Mold).

Paul call them & ask for Aaron Molina. He’s my friend & a good guy. The lab manager.
If you’d like me to call you may get the samples back the next day.

This test was something I picked up at Home Depot and I tested fir my daughter so its not inspection related but my daughter and her roommate have been coughing for a week after moisture got into their basement apartment.

I’m acting as a concerned Dad is all. As far as my child, she stopped coughing but my test grew a 1/4" of a pinkish mold in 4 days.

I know about EMSL but I just happened to have this Pro Lab kit in my inspection bag so I tested while visiting my daughter. Didn’t think it would take this long. 10 days for my report after they received the sample?

Paul, sounds like you sent them a viable sample. They have to let it grow first for identification. Next time just use a spore trap or tape lift. Turnaround is 24 hrs once received under normal circumstances. Of course, they just went thru a hurricane.

I sent them a round, clear plastic container. Taped the edges and shipped to Pro Lab per the instructions on the kit. Don’t do mold testing so wasn’t sure what to expect.

Let us know how it turns out. I’ve never used one of their home kits or sent them a viable sample.

I’ve heard several personal horror stories regarding their home test kits you can buy at the big box stores.

I know nothing but they are a great group of guys that bend over backwards to help all their clients and Jamie is about as generous as a person can be. I highly recommend them.

I’ll let you know when I get the results.