A quiet break...

Today is election day, and I’m sure most of us are fully wound up and pissed-off at about 50% of everyone else. So far I’ve had the restraint to keep away from the political threads that have popped up over the past few days, but even a quick skim at times has managed to make my blood boil. That’s not to say that passion about politics is a bad thing–we should be passionate and we should argue, debate, yell and scream. But we should also remember to take a break. I find that, late at night when most of the world has gone to sleep, if I put on some headphones and turn up “Carolina in My Mind” by James Taylor, just about everything is alright for about four minutes.

So don’t forget to take a break every once in a while. We’re multi-tasking ourselves to death.

Amen!

Very well said.

Thank you for the gentle reminder.

James Taylor? You’re too young for that old stuff! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

thanks for that refreshing post!

CJ

I’ve discovered a little Van Morrison or some Tom Waits really seems to do the trick! :smiley:

Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Torme, Jo Stafford…

The Chieftains.

Eric Clapton acoustic blues…Tony Bennet…Dean Martin

Sinatra (definitely NOT Nancy), Lena Horne, Ray Charles, Midnight String Quartet…

Van’s the man!

Right now I’m listening to a mix of Clapton/Cream, Kansas, Lyle Lovett, and the Allman Brothers Band.