Random Photos - What have you shot lately (non-inspection)

I’m assuming that we have some amateur photographers here (I know RR sells photography art). I thought we could setup a thread for folks to share interesting non-inspection related images.

You should assume that photos are copyrighted by their owners unless stated otherwise.

I’ll kick it off with one I took in my back yard today

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14435384_1442479109112916_7881317075063762677_o.jpg

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 70-200 F/2.8
Shot at 200mm, 1/320s, f/3.5, ISO 400, remote release, from tripod

3 Likes

Nice shot! Chuck may I use that picture for something in our house? My better half loves humming birds. We have lilacs, butterfly bushes, trumpet vines, feeders and all sorts of attractants.

Absolutely. PM me your email address and I’ll send you the image in full rez.

Nature, critters, weirdos,cool buildings, landmarks etc…

I like rather offbeat photos.
This was a very foggy morning in Texas while I was
driving to Big Bend N.P.

Good idea for a thread Chuck.

Here’s an interesting picture I took of my old house around Christmas

PICT0002 (Small).JPG

1 Like

By the way Chuck, beautiful picture of a hummingbird, very nice.

I shot this one at the range yesterday. Ran 200 rounds through it without a hiccup.
We’re on a waiting list to send her to Cajun Gunworks to get some custom work done this winter.

IMG_0493.jpg

8 Likes

Shot these Sat , my second luv shooting wild animals even if in a zoo

1 Like

Good idea for a thread chuck, and good photos all. From some recent trips:

5 Likes

I’m really enjoying these photos - keep em coming.

Andy - Where is that awesome red rock canyon?

Here’s one from Pemetic Mountain in the Acadia National Forest in Maine. Took my first trip to Maine the summer of last year, really enjoyed it.

The photo is a multi-exposure panorama with my daughter taking up various poses. I have a 36 inch wide print of it on the wall.

1 Like

Just got back from vacation there, it was Cedar Breaks National Monument in southern Utah. We did Zion NP, Bryce Caynon NP and the Antelope Caynons in northern Arizona.

3 Likes

Shot this photo when I was in New Orleans last June.

1 Like

Also shot these when I was in Israel in July.

2 Likes

A monarch I hatched here. Amazing to watch

Monarch2.JPG

Okay…was straight on my computer…

Cool shots, looking forward to contributing, this thread will go forever!

We plucked many milkweed branches with the caterpillar on them, and put then in a ventilated jar, for the grandkids to watch them turn into a beautiful monarch butterfly. They really enjoyed seeing that transformation…pssst…we did, too. :smiley:

1.jpg

1.2.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

These are a low quality shots with an old cell phone of an unidentified flying object taken during a 36 hour fishing trip on a head boat 100 miles out in the Gulf about 3am, there were about 15 of us still fishing (everyone else went to sleep, 50 + crew on the vessel) we all saw it. It appeared to come from no where and come to a stand still about 1/4 to 1/2 mile starboard at 500 to 1000 feet ASL It moved slowly closer to us and toward the bow, then in less than a second it moved to about the same distance port and hovered for about a minute. It then shot the direction of the bow out of sight in seconds, similar to a star wars special effect. Everyone was astounded.

Did the light have that banded appearance when you looked at it or is that a result of the camera? Where are the fish pix from this outing?