Read the message board rules:

http://www.nachi.org/messageboardrules.htm

Is there, in this revision, an intent to enforce it…up to and including “…postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated. Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board. Nonmember guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.”?

I agree these type of post’s are not needed or wanted.
Unfortunatly it is not only Non Members who say these thing we have some members who do make post’s that are far from nice.

…Cookie

So basically nothing has changed…

Now … if only you would enforce the rules…

[size=2]Quote: Many of the sections on this message board are open to all, including non-members, to promote discourse throughout the inspection community. Certain sections are visible to all, but don’t allow participation by non-members. [/size]
[size=2][size=3]I never knew this… can you list these sections? [/size][/size]

[size=2]The original intent of creating such sections was to provide InterNACHI members a safe haven to communicate to the entire industry *without interference from non-members. *[/size]
[size=2][size=3]The entire NACHI BB should be without "interference / harassment from non members.[/size][/size]
If each and every other Home Inspector’s BB can do it why can’t we?

[size=2]Using the shield of such sections to taunt non-members who have no opportunity to defend themselves or their position is considered :roll: abuse of the protection provided :roll: [/size]
[size=2][size=3]WHAT ABOUT PROTECTION FOR YOUR MEMBERS!:twisted: [/size][/size]

[size=2]and contrary to InterNACHI’s free speech goals.[/size]
[size=2][size=3]I have yet to see that happen! [/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3]It is always the non members who come onto this BB and taunt us and then we respond by defending ourselves![/size][/size]

[size=2]Members desiring to engage non-members directly are encouraged to use the many other sections where all may participate. End Quote:[/size]

**Encouraged to get into a pissing contest WITH NON MEMBERS?:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: **

**WHY!!!:twisted: :twisted: **

• NACHI HAS A DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO DEFEND IT’S MEMBERS FROM HARASSMENT, SLANDER AND RIDICULE FROM NON MEMBERS**!!!**
    ALL other Home Inspector Bulletin Boards protect their members!

*]Why can’t {:twisted:WON’T:twisted:} NACHI!!!

Yes and YOU are a Prime example!:roll:

No.

Something very wrong has happened here.

Read the new rules.

It states that if a member makes a dispariging comment about a non member, in a thread where the non member cannot comment, the message board rules have been broken.

This is wrong-headed IMO.

This organization has absolutely no duty at any level to non-members.

Misc. Discussion](http://www.nachi.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13) (109 Viewing)
Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

How are we supposed to know that non-members cannot post in the above section?

I think some adjustments in the rules are needed. Let’s rethink this.

WORTH REPEATING!

Now … if only you would enforce the rules…

[size=]Quote:[/size] [size=2]Many of the sections on this message board are open to all, including non-members, to promote discourse throughout the inspection community. Certain sections are visible to all, but don’t allow participation by non-members. [/size]
[size=2][size=3]I never knew this… can you list these sections? [/size][/size]

[size=2]The original intent of creating such sections was to provide InterNACHI members a safe haven to communicate to the entire industry *without interference from non-members. *[/size]
[size=2][size=3]The entire NACHI BB should be without "interference / harassment from non members.[/size][/size]
If each and every other Home Inspector’s BB can do it why can’t we?

[size=2]Using the shield of such sections to taunt non-members who have no opportunity to defend themselves or their position is considered :roll: abuse of the protection provided :roll: [/size]
[size=2][size=3]WHAT ABOUT PROTECTION FOR YOUR MEMBERS!:twisted: [/size][/size]

[size=2]and contrary to InterNACHI’s free speech goals.[/size]
[size=2][size=3]I have yet to see that happen! [/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3]It is always the non members who come onto this BB and taunt us and then we respond by defending ourselves![/size][/size]

[size=2]Members desiring to engage non-members directly are encouraged to use the many other sections where all may participate. End Quote:[/size]

**Encouraged to get into a pissing contest WITH NON MEMBERS?:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: **

**WHY!!!:twisted: :twisted: **

• NACHI HAS A DUTY AND OBLIGATION TO DEFEND IT’S MEMBERS FROM HARASSMENT, SLANDER AND RIDICULE FROM NON MEMBERS**!!!**
    ALL other Home Inspector Bulletin Boards protect their members!

*]Why can’t {:twisted:WON’T:twisted:} NACHI!!!

Lets get practical here

Who has the time, money and judgment to monitor???

Who would want to turn off someone based on their personal views of religion, the english language etc???

We all are adults and responsible for our own actions.

If I were a monitor I would shut down all non hi posting - jokes - personal shots - religion etc. Trust me I would even kill most of my own posts

Lets leave a good thing that is working alone

Just because a SMALL number get bent and/or get bend out of shape sorry

Get a life

Out of 9,000 plus members list how many are VOICING objections

Follow the rules that the OWNER has posted and all will be fine

If you want to do something else start your own BB that you own

Your $$ get you a lot – why would you want less??

rlb

Thanks Nick for the most interesting boxing matches in the world of BB’s…:slight_smile:

Nick,

You did not think this through.

Members have a duty to abide by the COE to maintain their membership in the association.

The COE requires that members comply with the message board rules.

This revision you have made allows for a banned, non-member to file an ethics complaint against a member for posting in an area that he cannot hack a response.

Drink some coffee…get some sleep…re-read this in the morning, then fix it, please.

The message board rules are in place and are not being enforced!

• This bulletin board has become a disgrace to the home inspectors industry!
  • These new “rules” only encourage and exacerbate the situation!
    This bulletin board is the “face” of NACHI, it is the “face” that we present the entire Real Estate and home inspectors industry!

*]I am truly and ***deeply embarrassed ***and ashamed of the face that we were presenting to the Real Estate and Home Inspectors world
It is time to get our house in order!

Nice, I actually agree with Frank. :smiley: This issue does NOT need to be swept under the rug any further, it needs to be dealt with.

If we go by these rules, Nick will be the first to get banned from his own BB, poetic justice. I hope Lewis, Dan, John, Raymond and all others at Ashi, TIJ, and Nahi, get wind of this and burn Inachi a new one. We certainly deserve it! We need to change the name to the InterNational Association of Certified Masochistic Home Inspectors. :roll: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I think Nick took this Dual membership thing a little too far, sounds like he joined Ashi and Nahi.

Ken,
“WE” are trying to have serious discussion here… PLEASE delet your post as it serves NO PURPOSE but to inflame an already Volatile situation!

With all due respect … Remember … … I asked… And I said PLEASE!

I was serious Frank, the rest of it is the joke.

Frank, no disrespect intended but I for one am a little surprised that you of all people are deeply embarrassed and ashamed of the posts here. :slight_smile:

I have been for a long time and don’t take this the wrong way but a lot of my embarrassment was due to your postings. As president of the NH chapter and a member of the esop I thought you would set more of an example than you have in the past. Perhaps you can see now what some of us have seen already.

I hope you take this the right way, I do not mean to slander you but since you have opened your eye’s maybe you can see the effect that all this malicious behavior has cost our organisation.

And with that said… Bring on the reds!!! :twisted:

Wow Peter,
as Frank would say “”"" well written and to the point"""""

Frank,

You should lead by example…

Quote: Originally Posted by fcarrio:
The message board rules are in place and are not being enforced!

• This bulletin board has become a disgrace to the home inspectors industry!

• These new “rules” only encourage and exacerbate the situation!
    This bulletin board is the “face” of NACHI, it is the “face” that we present the entire Real Estate and home inspectors industry!

• I am truly and ***deeply embarrassed ***and ashamed of the face that we were presenting to the Real Estate and Home Inspectors world
    It is time to get our house in order!
    End Quote

Peter,
it may surprise you that I am in 100% agreement with Carla… this was well written and to the point!

Like I said earlier your message was “well written and to the point” and you certainly will not receive any “red box” from me!