Reminder: You can't taunt individual non-members in the Misc. forum as they have...

… no way to respond. Misc. Discussion forum is a safe-haven from non-members. Non-members can read it, but can’t post.

If you want to engage a particular non-member, please do it in a forum open to non-members, where the non-member can defend himself, reply, fight back, etc.

Thanks.

Mr. Lott, are you causing more trouble?

Not his fault. Many members don’t realize that the Misc. Forum is read-only to non-members. Its purpose was to allow members a safe-haven from pesky non-members. However, we agreed, long-ago, to not use this one-and-only forum as a way to punch a non-member while his hands were tied (unable to post back).

I should probably put something on the message board permanently explaining. My fault.

Make no mistake.

The primary purpose of this message board is to provide an illusion to draw new members and, while NACHI will do nothing to protect its members from attacks made against them from the outside, NACHI will do everything that it takes to ensure that those who might possibly put money into the coffers are protected from offending members.

I agree there’s a dual purpose but you can’t deny there’s a vast amount of knowledge to be gained from this MB. I would be confident to guarantee that this MB alone has kept many inspectors out of court. Call it a secondary purpose if you may, I’ll take it with open arms.

I agree that it contains very valuable information. I was remarking, however, to its purpose and for whom it is actually for.

Especially in this period of declining membership…the interests of the non-members who are being attracted to the message board and its enticements to become members, are the top priority. It explains why Nick chose to start a thread explaining his deletion of Ken’s post as opposed to the usual (and more appropriate) private communication, IMO.

You would do well to mind your own business! When I want your opinion, I will give it to you! :roll:

Re: Hey Nick…
Quote:
Originally Posted by klott http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
why did you delete my post, where I told McNeish not to harass me about my belief in God? I do not understand your reasoning, that non members are protected more than us! :roll::mad:

[FONT=Arial]Ken,
I am in 100% agreement with you! Brian MacNeish and others who come onto the NACHI message board just to bash NACHI and to insult our members should NOT be allowed to harass our members at will!

[/FONT]

Why is Ken prohibited from discussing his problem with other members at a section of the board where he cannot be harassed? Why must he voluntarily subject himself to non-member harassment in order to accommodate his non-member harasser’s “right” to respond?

Of all that is foolish and ridiculous about what NACHI has become…this is the most bizarre.

[quote=“gromicko, post:3, topic:34168”]

Not his fault. Many members don’t realize that the Misc. Forum is read-only to non-members. Its purpose was to allow members a safe-haven from pesky non-members. However, we agreed, long-ago, to not use this one-and-only forum as a way to punch a non-member while his hands were tied (unable to post back).

Why should we even have to respond to their insults!

Why do you allow them to come onto our message board and insult, slander, and ***belittle ***us?

• WHAT IS YOUR POINT? :twisted:
  • WHAT DO YOU / NACHI GAIN FROM THIS???:twisted::twisted::twisted:

I should probably put something on the message board permanently explaining. My fault.
***[size=2]/[/size]***quote]

Nick,
you know that I like and respect you. I consider you to be a friend.
As your friend I cannot understand why in the hell he would allow these “NACHI bashers” to come onto our bulletin board and to belittle, slander, insult, and berate our Association and our individual members!
As Ken stated you seem to protect the nonmembers more than you protect the people who pay the dues to keep this Association running.

I know of many, many inspectors who do not participate on this message board specifically and I repeat specifically because of the nonmembers who come onto our message board and verbally slap us in the face!

• All of us consider ourselves to be “Professionals” and cannot be drawn into these arguments that usually turn into vicious and insulting name-calling!

Besides being home inspectors we are also grown men who should not be “forced” to endure these daily insults. What is our option? To rip into these idiots and to be pulled down to their level!
To do so only serves THEIR PURPOSE and diminishes NACHI’s reputation and destroys our individual reputation In the real estate industry!

Nick,

you and you alone are in total and complete control of this situation.

• For you to let it continue is inexcusable!

For you to encourage NACHI members to engage these idiots on an open bulletin board where our names are picked up by Google or Yahoo is reprehensible!

Have a nice Christmas!

I was not punchimg anybody,just informing him,that I don’t appreciate his bad mouthing me or my Lord, Nick, if you’re not careful, this org. is going to go down like this country has! It is bad enough to be constanly insulted by the atheist members, without having to put up with outsiders also. I bet that this being allowed on the public side, has chased off some potential clients already.

Taunt away til your heart’s content elsewhere!

Here’s an idea!

Get a life.

Well this is only my thought (looking over my shoulder) I believe this is for home inspectors to Ask for advice discuss problems compare notes. If I wanted to talk politics religion I would search out those sites

Who are you talking to Joe F.?

How’s that twisted arm feeling? :roll:

In my thinking… there is a HUGE difference between talking politics (which everyone should be doing as it affects us all) and religion (which is a personal thing).

Just my thinking on the subject.

Give me a fuing break! You engage in the religious threads on your own free will. If you don’t like to hear my views on religion, don’t fuing click on the thread (in the misc “discuss whatever you wish” and “not for everyone” sections) and directly engage in the conversation. Don’t just sit back and cry and point fingers, take some damn responsibility!

Merry Christmas :mrgreen:

It’s only personal if people keep it personal. We all know that’s not the case in this country.

And may God bless you.

Time for a “Religion Only” forum. :slight_smile: