Revenue Streams

I’m a new home inspector who is building my business in Texas. Things are going well in the beginning stages, BUT was wondering about additional revenue streams. I remember my teachers discussing select companies (can’t remember specifics) who hire home inspectors for roof inspections, appliance inspections and I believe some mortgage companies may hire inspectors as well. Does anyone have specific information on private companies or government agencies who may hire inspectors?

Thanks in advance!

Scott Graham
AlphaOmegaHomeInspections.com

Scott,

That’s a good question. I’m going to watch here for any advice from others. I just started getting occasional calls from out of town companies seeking drive-by information for investors and from some lenders wanting inspections to document progress to release funds related to a home loan situation. It sounds like those leads came from INachi. Those types of jobs pay very little, but if it can work into my schedule I do it.

Good Luck!
Jon

You might want to read: www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/stacks

Free download.

Also, www.BizVelop.com touches on it as well.

First time seeing this, I’m going to take a look!

Go here … http://www.sofi.us/home_page.html

You can research some of these companies
Set up a free online listing, for them to contact you.

Make sure to do you due diligence
Just because they are offering to pay $10 for a driveby inspection does not mean that is the going rate.