Sas llc

I recently was contacted by a company called Strategic Asset Services (They are a property management services company) via the NACHI email. They require a very very basic summary of a multi dwelling complex, basically photos and any deferred maintenance issue report. They are very specific with what they require and by no means require a full inspection.
Along with the plethora of photographs and the deferred maintenance issue report they have mentioned they require a copy of the NACHI certificate for records (Fannie Mae).

has anyone seen/heard of this before ?

I do work for them currently.

After around 4 jobs they offered me a choice.

Remain an independent inspector until they hire a company inspector for my area, or accept a position with their company at $16 per hour.

They said if I remained independent I may only receive another 3 or 4 jobs before they have someone hired.

I could not see the sense of doing more for less money.
I remained independent and have since done another 10 jobs for them.

Easy work and they pay in a timely fashion.

I was contacted today for the same thing. $125 for what they claimed would take no more than 45 minutes. Take photos of the property, roofing, amenities and parking (the short version of the list), of course it will vary from structure to structure, commercial property to apartment etc. What strikes me as “odd” is it states a “certified Inspector is required”. They made it very clear they do not want an inspection, photos only as directed prior to performing the job, put said photos in a “drop box” and wait to get paid. Why would only photos of the property require a certified inspector? This just strikes me as odd. Anyone with a pulse, transportation and a camera should be able to do this… liability an issue here? or?? According to this contact many of these properties are Fannie Mae Freddie Mac, last I heard they require an actual inspection. Hmmmmm…

I get these from time to time. Not from this company but from others. So far it has been easy money. I only take them if it is convenient for me. The ones I have done have all been referred through NACHI.

I think they like to use inspectors because we are experienced at taking quality pictures and they know we are typically driving quite a few miles so we are likely to be in the area they need at some point.

Just do a bit of diligence to make sure they are legit, and if it fits into your schedule, take it.

2 Likes

How is payment made Ryan? Just out of curiosity.

I request a check. The ones I have worked with ask if I want direct deposit but then I have to send a cancelled check or whatever so they can verify my info. As much as I despise checks, this is one area where I prefer them.

2 Likes

I did a few jobs for them back in 2016. The “Surveys” I did for them were of a Legal nature of Commercial businesses (chain stores going through Ownership stuff). Ryan would know the name of the chain and the names of the parties involved. I can’t say any more out of a confidentiality agreement. I will say they are/were definitely legit, and I would work with them again. Note: Like all Field Services companies, you need to be on top of the fee. SAS was very accomodating and fair with their fee offered, and adjusted at my request due to mileage traveled. Also, you must send an Invoice for your services, and they pay by check in the typical NET30 after receiving your Invoice.

2 Likes

Thanks Ryan,

Seems we have to be careful about some of these “contacts”… I had received several texts requesting inspections a while ago and found they were looking to rip me off.

M Blocker

1 Like