Scams on Find an Inspector

I received an email from the InterNACHI Inspector Seek a few days ago from someone named Cynthia who was apparently hard of hearing and still in the hospital. (first clue) She or whomever has sent me numerous emails about wanting me to inspect a 3500 sq. Ft. home. Okay, no address, no info. I received another email from her asking me if I could help her with her caretaker and taking payments by Credit card to pay out everyone. Long story short, this is another scam, she wanted $1225.00 taken off 2 credit cards and ran through my account. Just be careful, these morons are everywhere! I’m sure you are all smart enough not to fall for this kind of stupid, just wanted to put it out there!

Thanks,
Stacey

Yep, been going on for weeks or months probably years, what can be done to stop these ash holes ?

Changed their name to Margaret Scott, got one yesterday. Poor thing deaf and all.

Got that one yesterday :roll:

Guess it’s Georgia’s turn.

I heard from margaret too. Responded a couple of times just to see where it would go. I insisted on knowing the address so “she” sent me one I know is listed ion FSBO. Better yet, I know ether seller! Checkmate!

I guess I"m late reading up on this “Margett” has been sending me emails as well. Wanted to see where it went, but just posted her reply a few minutes ago…

I kept telling her I had to meet her in person, she just stopped responding.

She just got done hitting Florida, Now she went to Georgia :mrgreen:

Yes, received the email on Tuesday. After I replied and then I received the reply from her “in the hospital, hard hearing …” - DELETE !!!

What was the FIRST email you received? Many claim to have responded to it, but nobody has posted it. Seems to me that would be more useful to watch out for than the obvious scam second email.

This is the first email message…

Subject: E-Mail through InterNACHI [House Inspector]

A message has been sent to you via www.InspectorSeek.com – a InterNACHI owned website.
The sender also checked the “I would like to book an inspection.” box.
Hello am Margaret Scott,I am currently searching for a Home Inspector,I will like to know your service hours please get back to me as soon as possible.

After I replied asking her what the address was and when she was needing a home inspection I then received this email reply…

Subject: Re: FW: E-Mail through InterNACHI [House Inspector]

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now
would be via e-mail,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as
possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 3,500 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)
Note:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would nee

As soon as I saw the “hearing impaired” I remember seeing someone else post with the same reference so that is when I came back out here found that forum message and realized it was part of that scam so I did not reply … Have not heard anything back since then.

Thanks for posting those Ken.

I have never seen this before, I did reply a few times and finally she was going to give me two separate credit cards that I could run $1221.00 on each card through my account and then she had a caretaker that I could send the money to, still with no address. That’s when I finally deleted everything, just wanted to see how far it would go!

I’m one of the latest targets!

A message has been sent to you via www.InspectorSeek.com – a InterNACHI owned website.

The sender also checked the “I would like to book an inspection.” box.

Hello am Margaret Scott,I am currently searching for a Home Inspector,I will like to know your service hours please get back to me as soon as possible.

Sent by: “Margaret Scott” <margarette4hu@gmail.com>

I replied with info that was requested and the following was their reply:

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now would be via e-mail,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 3,500 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)
Note:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would need.

I was also targeted by Margaret. I told I needed to speak by phone,ttd line, never heard from her again.

She hit me today too. It must be Illinois turn.