ShopSmith Mark 5

Anyone have any reviews on this tool. I have the opportunity to buy a ShopSmith Mark 5 with planer, jointer, dust collector, bandsaw, scroll saw, belt sander, biscuit jointer and of course the table saw, lathe and drill press.

I was thinking of offering $500. It is the original owner and he bought it but never really used it, it all looks pretty much brand new.

Most of the tools of there own bases, but each can be mounted to the Mark 5.

Any thoughts?

An awesome tool and if you can get it for $500.00 you are stealing it.

If you can get it for $500 jump all over it now. I bought one years ago for the same price, same situation (very little use). I thought I was only getting the Shopsmith but when I go there it included all the same stuff with the exception of the dust collector. The joiner alone was almost $500 in the catalog. I started pricing all the stuff I got with mine and finally stopped at $4500. The guy’s wife said the only thing she remembers him building was a bird house. I already had a new Delta planer so I sold the slightly used Shopsmith planer for $700 to a guy that needed and wanted one.

Get it, you can upgrade to the 520 table. Been using mine since 1987:D

"Anyone have any reviews on this tool. I have the opportunity to buy a ShopSmith Mark 5 with planer, jointer, dust collector, bandsaw, scroll saw, belt sander, biscuit jointer and of course the table saw, lathe and drill press.

I was thinking of offering $500. It is the original owner and he bought it but never really used it, it all looks pretty much brand new.

Most of the tools of there own bases, but each can be mounted to the Mark 5.

Any thoughts?"

Awesome Tool …

Five years later, I wonder if it is still there? :flushed: :roll_eyes: :+1: :thinking: :smiley:

1 Like

My Grandpa had one… great tool. $500 would be a steal of a deal. Funny just ran into one at an inspection a few weeks ago.

2 Likes