On-Site reporting

On-Site reporting is fresh more accurate reporting

Most home inspectors do the Inspection report some time later in the evening, or up to days later, they have to rely on hand written or recorded notes. That inspector may do as many as two other inspections in that day. Information from homes inspected that day tend to blend in an inspectors thoughts when creating the individual reports. Much of the time an inspector is staying up late into the night to do their reports. You then have a tired inspector doing your inspection the next day. On-Site reporting with fresh insight is the most accurate reporting that can be done. I have seen Inspection reports that report on items that do not even exist in the home inspected. Likely that item did not get reported on another house inspected that day by the inspector.

http://www.abc-inspects4u.com/

Is your point to get some SEO credits for this. Otherwise, what is your point?

Oh Baloney.

I haven’t used hand written notes for many years.

The rest is mostly bunk too.

Stop scaring people with untruths.

lol

gotta love it Greg.

Same here, I use my camera as my note pad:mrgreen:

IMO there’s the problem, unless you are one of the “talented” few, no matter how you record your info.

I do not spend my inspection staring at a computer when I should be looking at the property and waving off important questions from my client or Agents till I finish hunting for canned comments on my tiny screen…you ?

When I do a building inspection and the hatch is locked I use a scope with HD video and produce still shots on my 27 inch screen from home rather than disclaim and not inspect anything because I am in a hurry…you ?

3 posts here and you are a newbie yet should be concentrating on doing a good job rather than trying to be a race horse Larry.

I go home and look up serial numbers to date Furnaces,Condenser units,Water Heaters,etc…you ?..or do you make everyone stand around and waste their day while you nervously try to do it there in someones kitchen ?

I include arrows,captions,precisely slotted photos ,illustrations and definitions that are relevant to the actual job rather than auto generated …you ?

I would never hire a guy doing on site reporting for my purchase …ever.

One of you types is what helped me realize I could do better 10 years ago.

Bold statements and Bold text from a newbie like you Larry.
Please learn to use regular text font as it looks like yelling…are you a new computer or forum user ?

Larry your website link is not live ,so were you on site rushing through to post this …?
See what happens when you do not go back and proof read ?

Amen!

Really, how fast do they need the report? Almost all of mine are delivered same day. And they’re MORE accurate given the uninterrupted time after the inspection in which I can concentrate on it and research anything I have to. Call me old-fashioned but I like to pay attention to the people in front of me, who are paying me, during the inspection.

Larry, you are obviously an expert on what most other inspectors do by your copy and paste from your website. Maybe you should concentrate on promoting your own business instead of making up fabricated crap about what most other inspectors do. So is there any real point to this sudden outburst of a post?

Its called empathy and networking.
Some guys figure being an aloof tech geek is better.

Personally I am a people person and truly enjoy human contact along with the warm feeling I get from helping and educating .

I have been doing computer printed on-site reports for over 10 years. I do not do any work at home. Your statement is nothing new.

The problem with delivering onsite reports is that it is inevitable that you will run across something that you need to further research in one way or another to give your client accuracy in their report.

Then what? Do you wing it?

It could be something as simple as the age of a furnace you haven’t seen before to an electrical question to a potential health issue.

Unless of course you’re a “know it all”, and everyone knows about those who **think **they know it all.

Nobody knows it all!

Please post a sample of your onsite report so we can do a comparison check to see who is delivering a quality product to their client.

In other words - Put your money where your mouth is.

Here’s mine:

http://www.thehome-inspection.com/images/Samplereport.PDF

Larry just recently found out about SEO.

Larry’s website says he is a ASHI member but I see nothing about being interNachi.
Pretty sure he is in violation membership rules.

It’s there.

OK had to actually read the shout text to see it but your right.

I hope the spelling and grammar on his “fresh reports” are better than his “outdated website”.

A Buyers Choice is a franchise. How are you making money at $195 and dolling out to the franchise too? Yikes brother

Larry you use the word “Advanced” to describe yourself and your inspections. Anyone who is looking at that website can figure out that there isn’t much advanced about it. Don’t tell your clients that you and your inspection are advanced, show them before they even call you by updating your site or having someone build it for you. Just a little FYI. Not slammin ya

Kevin, tried to send you an email copy of my reports, but your server kicked it back:

"Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain thehome-inspection.com by thehome-inspection.com. [69.89.21.***].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 No Such User Here"

I have never had to do any research after any inspection. As a former home builder, corporate VP, being over 64, yes, I do know most of it. That is why I do most of my inspections with high-end homes. REA’s that sell lower end homes do not suggest me, because I know too much. 80% of REA’s here like to use the new, less-educated, cheap HI’s. You may want to contact your site provider to repair your email account, or post a new one on your InterNACHI profile.