Watch the new How to Perform Deck Inspections promo for our new video course.

How to Perform Deck Inspections online, video course.](http://www.nachi.org/deck-inspections-video-course.htm)

I just took this course. Nick, some of the answers to the quiz questions are incorrect (may also be wrong on the final exam). For example: "Posts in contact with soil should be? The correct answer according to the course is, they should be sanded well??

Fixed!
Thanks.

Very nice course by the way. I liked how you put the ledger board on layer by layer.

Quiz 2 has a repeated question.

T/F: Posts should be connected to their footings so that the posts don’t lift out or slip off.

True (correct)
False

T/F: Posts should be connected to their footings so that the posts don’t lift out or slip off.

True (correct)
False

Also on quiz 2 the seven foot rule seems to be wrong according to what is said in the video.

The “7-Foot Rule” states that there should be at least 7 feet between _____.

the bottom of the footing and daylight (incorrect)
each supporting post
the top of the stairs and ground

I would check these on Quiz 3. This contradicts what is said in the video.

T/F: Using the pick test, decayed wood will pull away with a lot of splinters.

True
False (incorrect)

T/F: Using the pick test, structurally sound wood will make almost no noise.

True
False (incorrect)

Thanks for the videos.

Fixed.
Thanks!

Check it out - a typical installation sequence of the deck flashing - short video preview of InterNACHI’s online video course - How to Inspect Decks http://www.youtube.com/user/bengromicko#p/c/79A7CF1490DFFEF4/0/tbXzjXIk1oc

Link to InterNACHI course http://www.nachi.org/deck-inspections-video-course.htm

Very nicely done Ben! Can’t wait to see more of the interactive videos. With the same content, videos are just more fun to watch…especially watching you balance on a girder.

Are you speaking of untreated or treated wood being used on decks as far as wood decay ?

Have not had a chance to look at the video yet but it should be treated.

Well this is “Kind” of related. I did an Inspection this past Saturday.
I posted this on my new blog Another Maryland Deck Inspection

Jim :cool:

Is Anybody else having trouble viewing nachitv on thier iphone? Everytime I tried to watch it on my iphone it starts with a hvac commercial. Chris have u had any other problems . Thanks

The “correct” answer on the Final Exam is incorrect for following question.

T/F: Balusters can be used in place of posts if there is adequate infill between them. True (correct) This should be false.

On Quiz 5 the answer is False, which is correct.

T/F: Balusters can be used in place of posts if there is adequate infill between them.
False (correct)

It took me 10 min. to find the only answer I got “wrong”. :mrgreen:

Fixed.
Thank you.

Christopher, email me fastreply@nachi.org your shipping address.

Uh-oh Chris… now you’re in for it !!! :shock::wink:

Done, just trying to help.

Shipped.

Received my box of “stuff”, Thanks!!!

Since summer is here I heave gotten several requests for only deck inspections, in fact I have one set up for today. I decided to take the deck course as a refresher. Ben I love this course, some good info as usual.

Jim