Well, a new one...

Dear beloved,

You may be surprised to receive this letter from me since you do not know me personally. The purpose of my introduction is that I am Madam ROMINA Ahmed,Origin of Phillipine country,a widow to Late Mr.kone Ahmed,my husband origin , Cote D’Ivoire country. I am a christina convert, suffering from long time cancer of the breast.

I got your contact through internet network online hence I decided to write you. My late husband was killed during the Gulf war, and during the period of our marriage we had a son who was also killed in a cold blood during the Gulf war.

My late husband was very wealthy and after his death,I inherited all his business and wealth. My personal physician told me that I may not live for more than six months and I am so scared about this. So,I now decided to divide part of this wealth, by contributing to thedevelopment of philanthropism in Africa America,Europe and Asian Countries.

This mission which will no doubt be tasking had made me to recently relocated to Cote d’ Ivoire, Africa where I live presently.I am willing to donate the sum of $9,500.000.00 Million US Dollars which was deposited a security company to you for the development of philanthropism and also as aids for the less privileged around you.

Please note that, this fund is lying in a Security Company in Cote d’ Ivoire To enable you and your organisation,get this funds,I will advice you to contact me urgently with my altanative email address, so that we can arrange for the Diplomatic transfer of the consignment to you with your conclusion with the security company and also transfer the ownership and the beneficiary to your name.

Please i want an urgent reply from you soonest.Lastly, I want you and your families to be praying for me as regards my entire life and my health.

I repeat again ,kindly send me your reply through this private mail address ok :
romina_ahmed4@yahoo.fr <mailto:rosa_ahmedr2@yahoo.fr>

Yours in Christ,
Madam romina Ahmed.

If anyone cares to become a philanthropist tell her I gave you permission to accept the funds.:wink: :wink: :wink:

I get those types of e-mails as well.
Has anyone ever heard of how these types of scams work?? I imagine it is a money laundering scheme.
I would hope no one is gullable or desperate enough to actually take these sort of solicitations up.

Cheremie

Scheme…??? **scheme???..**you mean it’s a scheme…???:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

They work because sadly people will give them their bank account number or a SSN. Once they have that they can do just about anything to the poor sap that fell for the scheme

I always get a kick out of them…I never knew I had an Uncle in South Africa with diamond mine :slight_smile:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don’t know what it is.I was just wondering if anybody knows anyone who’s actually replied…and what happened to them once they did reply.

I replied to them and asked them to give me a call. I gave them the number to the Chicago F.B.I. office.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I know a guy that replied and lost $150 in the process.
He tried to keep it a secret, because he felt stupid.

I think he was a few fries short of a happy meal…:shock:

How many fries in a happy meal?

How many happy meals can one buy for $150.00?

He should be happy that he only lost $150—I’ve read reports of credit cards being maxed-out for thousands of dollars…

There was a television show on this issue about a year ago. One guy lost about 30,000. He wound up travelling to a foreign country, with cash, to pay for the transfer of funds into his account. He even borrowed money from family and friends. When he got there, he was totally scammed, and almost killed.

How can people fall for this stuff? Most of the people who answer these emails are desparate for money, or are looking for the big pay day. It is their ray of hope. In today’s world, if it is too good to be true, it most likey is.

I contacted the local DA concerning this scam about 3 years ago, here’s what she told me…
This scam started in Nigeria around the turn of the century and grew quickly. After many foreign complaints the Nigerian government grabbed the people doing it and threw them into prison long enough for them to get tired of being there. When those people were let out of prison they had a new business partner… the Nigerian government.
There is now a big tent city outside of Lagos where people spend their lives tapping out e-mails that typically ask for someone to act as the contact person for foreign nationals looking to move millions of dollars into the US.

After receiving several hundred of these over the years I e-mailed back once and asked to be unsubscribed. I’ve tried writing back just to engage someone from Lagos in conversation but these people are from a dirt-poor African nation and they are focused on only one thing…