What's Better Than a Full Time Inspector Logo??

Answer: a full time home inspector domain.;);):p:p
Hurry while they’re still available.

Don’t forget to get your $4.50 discount:
[thread]55454[/thread]

Cheers,

fulltimehomeinspector.com is available! Just $11.99*/yr

Must not be too popular outside of this mb. :shock:

Re: What’s Better Than a Full Time Inspector Logo??

I was thinking along the lines of a picnic basket, wine, and an afternoon and evening on a secluded beach with Reese Witherspoon…

Maybe a T-Shirt or Jacket / Hoodie offering?

“Full Time” Inspector on premises!! :slight_smile:

Tim, I have a few questions for you as a contractor who inspects on the side.

When you are working for someone as their contractor for “Spargo Construction”, presumably doing work on something you did NOT previously inspect, do you describe and sell yourself as a full time contractor with “a decade” in business, as well?

Which of your two professions do you market as your “primary” business? Do you refer your competitor to a client when they ask you to recommend someone to do a repair, or do you do as some who violate our COE, and send over one of the guys who works for “Spargo Construction” and take a kickback from what he is paid?

Every contractor in my state feels qualified to do home inspections, as do many in other states as well. I am often warning the public against hiring the same guy who left behind the shoddy work to inspect it. How do you address this?

Jim…

Who said I’m a contractor that inspects on the side? :slight_smile:

FWIW I earn the majority of my income as (80% by Nachi Terms) an inspector, or inspection related activities. Of which, I DO NOT take kickbacks from any sub or referral for any services (and I doubt many do). Is this a widespread problem in the inspection industry? I hope not, referrals are problematic, as you may know, I only refer someone under the right circumstances, but generally stay away from it.

Many people feel they are qualified to inspect homes, whether they are contractors or clerks or salespeople. If I have a choice as a consumer, I would pick the person with the most relevant background. Wouldn’t that be someone like me Jim, I’ve built and worked on homes/commercial buildings/you name it for a long time and attempt to educate myself on new topics whenever I have the chance.

Often contractors are kicked around here. Likely as we have a marketing edge, whether that is deserved or not Jim, is up to the individual inspector. That was your point, I think.

You give me too much credit, there’s a lot of houses and buildings around here, but… I did inspect a house years after I built a patio cover there and did tell the clients @ the time of inspection that I had built the cover. Easy enough, just tell 'em! If it were recent work (2 years or less) I would certainly be less than comfortable inspecting a home I worked on and would defer to another. Fair is fair. I wouldn’t inspect a home that I had done a substantial amount of work at or especially built.

I find most people do what they are supposed to do without needing to be told.

The problem I have with the idea that you seem to be taking offense to (not intended to be offensive BTW) is that is serves fewer than it benefits among other things.

I don’t know much about those who have performed shoddy work and then inspect it though, can’t help ya there. There are cheese balls all over :wink:

Thanks for your response.

There are exceptions to every rule. In my market, where there are no building codes, AHJs, or requirements for contractors … asking one of them to apply standards in an inspection when they do not apply them in their building or remodeling efforts is actually setting an unfair burden on them. When the HVAC guy knocks out the collar ties to get his unit all the way to the farthest point in the attic from the hatch…and he or his cousin is the guy you hire to inspect, he will not recognize this very established and common building practice (in this area) as a defect.

But he is still the inspector of choice from his other cousin…the real estate salesman…who is counting on him to fix whatever he finds wrong to eliminate any stumbling blocks between the inspection and the close.

In my opinion…and in my market…the consumer (likely to be another cousin…maybe from out of state) needs to be informed of the advantages of hiring a full time professional inspector.

Apparently, some folks view this as me doing something “to” someone. I see it as doing something “for” myself as well as my client.

I don’t expect anyone on the other side of the fence to agree, understand, or even support this plan. I have implemented my marketing plan two years ago and am continuing to gain ground. I plan to use the logo that was developed to enhance those efforts and…if no one else does…that is even better for me.

Gotcha…

Sounds like a whole new set of challenges in your area Jim, compared to those I deal with here.

I think a mentoring members logo would show as an example of giving back.
MMI Mentoring Members Insignia. MMA Mentoring Member Accredited
I am not here to open up that can of worms again, but to bring this discussion to where it should be directed or pointing to.
Is there room for another logo.
Mentors logo.
No special interests or points scored.
Just giving back to HI and rewarded with an accreditation.
A members patch or logo or both.
Going full circle.

Full Time Inspector does not mean you won’t be a low baller!

A new inspection company in my area who also is “certified by the Deparment of Financial and Profession Regulation” to teach pre-license course, but can’t spell department correctly.

He has nerve to state Using an unlicensed or part-time home inspector may save you $50 on the price of inspection.

[size=2][/size]
[size=2]With his prices starting at[/size]

up to 1150 sq. ft…$179.00 :shock: :roll:

Don’t forget: 5% cash discount available upon request

I saw that, unbelievable. I’m sure glad he’s not a part timer. :mrgreen:

:smiley: Good One Chris!!!

You might want to include the entire sentence:

Thanks for showing he is a full time low baller. :slight_smile:

I found this comment kind of hard to believe.

You are aware that Cassville Missouri has adopted the following

International Building Code 2003
International Property Maintenance Code 2003
International Fire Code 2003
BOCA National Fire Code 1993
International Mechanical Code 2003
ICC Electrical Code 2003
International Plumbing Code 2003

Violation of established code are $500 fine per offense or 90 days in jail

What part of your market area were you talking about??

:mrgreen:

Gee, this guy is inspecting in Illinois and Missouri! Wonder whether he is licesensed (or registered, or whatever MO requires) in both states.

Also, please notice the small print. “Non-report consultations”. In Illinois, if the inspection is part of a real estate transaction (i.e., under contract), the inspector MUSH produce a written report that meets the state SOP.

Someone ought to report this guy to the state.

And, at leat in Illinois, using an “un-licensed” inspector is a violation of the law. And, Realtors who “recommend” unlicensed inspectors can lose their licenses.