World Cup

I am surprized that no one has ventured out on this limb yet!:slight_smile: Is no one interested? 30billion tv viewers expected! Amazing. I know us Americans are a little “backward” when it comes to soccer, but try and catch some games if you can.:smiley:

come On England,

**Football’s coming home!!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ **

Ever see the Simpsons episode where Bart is watching a soccer match. The American announcer is describing a kick-back-and-forth action as: "to A back to B, now back to A, now back to B … "

Bart switches to the Spanish audio and the announcer is going BANANAS!!! over the same uninteresting action.

Of course, I don’t get golf’s spectator appeal or NASCAR’s or Indy’s or Pro Wrestling …

Calling soccer (real name football to the rest of the world) uninteresting is fighting talk. Have you seen how us English can get a little upset over the beautiful game:mad:

I just watched the movie Green Street Holligans. Is that the way it really is over there?

Carl then will you have us believe that the seond most popular game, Cricket deserves another look also? BORING:p

Brian, sounds like your KiltLifter Beers have got you priming the pump!
:roll:
You just can’t walk away from a challenge, can you?!
:wink:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Brian I will not give Cricket half a look. I will say this, that ball is hard as hell and people catch that thing with no gloves. The ball is bowled at times at over 95 MPH they must be mad

Ok fine carl, I watched Ghann wax the US team, and I watched some of Brazils match.
I pick Brazil to take it all.:slight_smile:

I think Zindane is a litttle long in the tooth for France and I believe Becham has gone soft after he went Posh;) & Italy need the refs help against the Aussies.

I am awaiting the Tour d France

I hate to say it but I think the winner from the Argentina, Germany game will be the World Champs. I not sure who I hate the most the cheating Argies or the Krauts. Becks is not the player he was but that was a great goal he got on Sunday. It is rumored that he will be playing in the MLS next year

Of course the winners really will be World Champions as the whole world plays in it unlike your NFL World Champs or the MLB World Champs where America is the only country that plays in it!!!

Here you go Carl :stuck_out_tongue:

What was so wrong with “the Hand of God”?:cool:

Maradona:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: The cheating 4’2" fat dwarf

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROTFLMAO

So " God" really played no part then?:slight_smile:

Not unless he is a short fat man with a drug problem No

It can get nasty at a game. One time someone tried to hit me with a road sign, it was so heavy with concrete on the end he could hardly lift it. Had he hit with it it would have taken my head clean off my shoulders:shock:

This is more like it!:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2324888269115552116
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7343921973772700865

Brings a tear to my eyes

Carl, it kinda looks like a Village People Concert.

I am off to the D-Backs game.:slight_smile: