Wow! Almost 1/4 million posts since the beginning of last year.

Wow!!! Now that’s what I call a message board!

Can you break it down some more…

1. How much of it was useless BS

2. How much was creative thinking

3. How much of it was useless BS (oh, I already said that):smiley:

That would make a good poll for the end of the year

Mic

We love this board.

Hey Mickey

I would estimate that about 300,000 of them were useless BS.

Don’t forget… it was useless BS (a joke actually) told right here on this message board that saved the inspection industry from losing its most precious virtue… impartiality.

For those of you that don’t know about the joke that saved the inspection industry…

Home inspectors are the only impartial party to a real estate transaction. Everyone else has a financial interest. Impartiality is our profession’s most precious virtue.

A small scumbag association out of Minneapolis tried to destroy our most precious virtue by allowing their members to offer repair services to correct defects they find on their own inspections. Worse, they didn’t have to disclose that their reports lacked impartiality until after the inspection, giving their clients no time to hire an impartial inspector. Lack of impartiality disclosures have to be made before the decision to hire an inspector, otherwise it isn’t a disclosure at all.

Anyway, I authored a joke which spread all over the industry and was told at many inspection conventions and events. REALTORs even emailed it to each other and it ended up at the bottom of a mass email newsletter sent out to all the agents by a major real estate firm. It went like this:

“A NACHI member, an ASHI member, and a member of the scumbag association out of Minneapolis all inspect a water heater to see if it needs to be replaced. To determine if a new water heater is needed the NACHI member starts by looking at the top of the water heater. To determine if a new water heater is needed the ASHI member starts by looking at the bottom of the water heater. But to determine if a new water heater is needed the member of the scumbag association out of Minneapolis starts by looking on his truck to see if he has a new one he can sell.”

The joke is not funny in my opinion… it is sad.

From about a total of 6 people LOL:D

Hey and I liked your video too !!!

True

Amazing how many inspectors give up this virtue and never experience
the marketing potential it provides.

Good follows good. When it comes to ethics always take the high road, even if you think no one is watching. There are always 2 who know you did the right thing.