Arizona Bill would take inspectors out from under BTR.

Here is the bill: http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2077p.pdf

This Bill moves inspectors from the BTR to the Registrar of Contractors. This Bill was proposed in part because of the complaints against the BTR by inspectors who feel they are being treated unfairly.

InterNACHI has 126 due paying members in Arizona.

I sure don’t see anything in the bill you posted that suggests moving the BTR to to ROC:roll:

Complaints against the BTR by inspectors that are being treated unfairly :roll:
Hmm. 1st time I heard that as a reason for any changes.
Care to expand on your knowledge of this, that I, and I’m sure many others are not aware of.

126 paying members, :roll: :roll:
You may be able to BS others on members #s in states where there is no record of inspectors, gotta get better on your az nacho math, all one has to do is search the BTR site to figure that out:twisted: :twisted:
I know of several listed that are no longer in business, some OOB for 2 or more years that are still listed, and several that joined for free, last group at the ITA convention, and stated they have no intentions of paying for a membership due to the fact they never gained anything at all from being a nacho member, including O referrals from the find an inspector.

This is good information, Nick - especially for states who are presently under siege by the local realtor associations to take control of home inspectors. Thanks.

It was also encouraging to see it refuted by dan harris. This validates the information, significantly.

Thanks again.

LOL. All one has to do is read the HI lic. info provided on the BTR site ,and the bill posted by nick to see busshy is full of crap,
NOWHERE in any AZ HI lic. is a realtor assoc. connected, or on any committees or boards,

Wrong Bill Nick :smiley:

Interesting, the State is broke and wants to eliminate the Bureau if Technical Registration and have the Registrar of contractors take over. I am not sure yet what this means to me. I do know that contractors under the ROC have clearly defined time limits for defects. So perhaps this would be a good thing as there has not to my knowledge been a definitive answer as to how long a HI is liable for their report.

It may be SB 1171 that Nick is referring to.
See: http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/sb1171p.htm

Sorry, I meant to post both Bills.

Thanks for covering for me guys.

Disclaimer, Information below is only based on my knowledge, and experience, as both a Lic contractor and a Lic. inspector.

One big difference.
The ROC, [With contractors] One state employee goes to the site,
with no requirment to be a contractor or former contractor] looks at the complaint, and decides Yep he screwed up, 21 days to correct, or loose your Lic. Or nope the contractor met the min standards.
Case Closed, if you don’t like the decision, fine , file an appeal…

BTR. The inspection report/complaint is reviewed 1st by the BTR staff to see if the complaint is valid, only then is the complaint acted on, or dismissed by BTR staff.

If the complaint is considered that it may be valid, the inspector then has an opportunity to respond / present his side by phone and in writing.
Then the complaint is sent to other inspectors on the committee to review.

If then the complaint is still considered that it may be valid, the inspector has the opportunity to present his side, answer any questions raised with the review with out the customer present] to at least 3 other inspectors on the committee, a member of the BTR , and a public member.
This usually takes any where from 4-6 hrs.

With the current set up, BTR verses ROC complaint process, Guess the question is . How do you want a complaint against you handled.
By a committe of other inspectors, [that are faced with same things you are everyday,] a BTR reprensative and a member of the public, after several hrs of review, including a discussion with you ,allowing you to present your side of the story.
the committee does not make a final decision,final decison is made by BRT staff after review of commitees findings],

Or a state employee that makes the decision yea or nay, with a quick on site visit ,and a back logged complaint file] that may or may not never inspected a home, </IMG>

Good question Dan, I’d say an unbiased state employee rather than competitors who belong to one of those mini-associations.

Don’t worry Dan, SB1171 is not going to pass.

Just the answer I would expect to see from a dictator that appoints mini dictators, to determine the out come of the hi profession.:roll: :roll:

In your world I assume you would want busshy, farsetta and crayola to determine what happens to a complaint when filed by a customer.

Truth is, facts are, Az HI licensing is operated by the Democratic process, where inspectors from any org. or no org at all, are welcome, and are encouraged to particape in the licensing process and committes.

Any AZ inspector that believes your paronia BS needs to research, and get involved the AZ process, prior to believing they are a victom of the process.

Yes, that is actually what happens in my world. Our internet presence results in almost all consumer complaints (about InterNACHI and mini-association members alike) being directed to us to resolve.

Seems like you know much about the BTR, how many InterNACHI members on the licensing board?

Honestly I don’t believe there are any, despite the fact that myself and others, ashi, nahi, and non org az inspectors ] are always encouraging nachi members to get involved.
Granted it can be a considerable time commitment, getting involved in the process can be very rewarding.

Yeah, and if asked to testify, I’d be happy to explain just how rewarding :roll: . But like I said, it won’t pass.

What ever:roll: :roll:
Truth is AZ licensing is controlled by AZ inspectors, and others determened by the state] not national HI orgs.or leaders of those orgs.
You play your games, the AZ nachi members that I know already saw the immature and childish games you played with the BTR a few yrs ago.

… yep, so “childish” that one of your state’s Senators ageed with my thinking that an association-biased BTR home inspection board shouldn’t be regulating InterNACHI members.

Whenever my daughters say “What ever!”, it is a clear signs that they have just been hit in the face with a heavy dose of reality, which they don’t want to except, so they throw out this “cool” phrase, originated by that master of logic and rhetoric, Paris Hilton, so they can continue to wollow in their ignorance, lack of maturaity and general crapulance.

Not that this is what is happening here, Lil’ Danny :mrgreen:

Did he change his mind after taking your on line quiz and passed it?

or,was it when he looked at your member list that you are advertising to AZ residents as certified inspectors, and saw less than half of them were licensed to inspect, and 10 of them were also ASHI members?

or, was it after he talked to Mr Dalripple [sp?] and found out what an arrogant jerk you were, and how you threatened to sue the state if you didn’t get your own way?

or, was it after he looked at the names of AZ`inspectors that volunteer their time on the HI state lic. boards and committes, were evenly split between, non org members, and org members?

NO. If that’s the best you can come up with, You are better at scamming other inspectors with 1/2 ***–d IR certification training, and BSing members of your org about all your HI wisdom, than guessing what I think about nicks lying and BS about AZ Home Inspection licensing:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
</IMG></IMG>

One does what one is best at.

Helping or being a pain :mrgreen:

Take your pick.

LOL.
Guess I’m helping since I’ve done 9 or 10 inspections in the past 6 months, that were referred by 5 different AZ nachi members:D :smiley: