AZ Home inspector rules and standards committee

I spose I actually knew about this before, but when I decided to look into getting on the committee it all came rushing back.:sad:

Is there anything we can do about this?

Quote:
 	 		 			 				32-111.    Home inspector rules and standards committee

A. A home inspector rules and standards committee of the state Board of technical registration is established and consists of:

1. Three home inspectors, one of whom is a resident of a county with a population of four hundred thousand persons or less, appointed by the Board from a list of names any home inspector organization provides if the home inspector organization meets all of the following criteria:
    a. Has at least fifty members actively engaged in the practice of home inspection in this state.
    b. Holds regular elections.
    c. Publishes bylaws.
    d. Maintains a code of ethics.

2. Two members of the Board of technical registration including:
    a. An architect or engineer member of the Board appointed by the chairman.
    b. The public member.
    B. The Board may make appointments of home inspectors to the committee from the lists provided pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section or from others having the necessary qualifications.
    C. The Board appointed members serve staggered three year terms. These members shall be home inspectors, shall each have at least five years of experience as a home inspector and shall have passed the examination prescribed in section 32-122.02. The Board by a majority vote may remove any member for misconduct, incapacity or neglect of duty and may appoint a new member to complete a term.
    D. The committee is responsible for drafting and recommending to the Board of technical registration:

3. Criteria for home inspector certification.

4. Standards for home inspection reports.

5. Standards for written examinations.

6. Standards for educational programs including course of study, home inspector-in-training programs and continuing education.

7. Rules defining conduct.

8. Recommendations for types of financial assurances as required in section 32-122.02.

9. Other rules and standards related to the practice of home inspectors.
    E. The committee shall make its initial recommendations within six months of appointment or the Board may proceed without these recommendations. Thereafter the committee shall make recommendations within six months of a Board request for recommendations. The committee may initiate recommendations at any time it deems appropriate.
    F. The committee may participate in the investigation and review of home inspector complaints as provided by the Board.
    G. Members of the home inspector rules and standards committee are eligible to receive compensation pursuant to title 38, chapter 4, article 1.

--

Sorry about the double post I forgot Nick cant get into MO. :wink:

Join an Org that plays by the rules?
Form a commitee to look into it?
Ask some of the Vendors for help?
Argue about it on the BB?:roll: :wink:

Brilliant!!!:roll:

I think you may have missed the point.:wink:

I don’t understand the question. These are the rules governing the AZ Board isn’t it. I see no mention of National Home Inspection Associations…

Am I confused again or what?? What does the section you referred to have to do with NACHI??

Really Todd:D :wink:

I was just pointing out that a NACHI member can not be sellected to be on the BTR’s Home inspector committee unless of course that person is also a member of another org. that meets the States guidelines.

I still do not understand. This looks like the requirements for the AZ state board. Not NACHI’s, ASHI’s, NAHI’S or any other National Association or Society.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone but the Arizona Board.

Why would a national association require someone on their board to live in an AZ county with less than 400,000 people. Makes no sense.

Am I reading it wrong…?

We can explain it to you John but we can’t understand it for you.:slight_smile:

Lets say in AZ an org would like to have some members on the State Board governing their profession. The org would have to meet minimum guidelines to send members of their org for consideration by the State.

A. A home inspector rules and standards committee of the state Board of technical registration is established and consists of:

1. Three home inspectors, one of whom is a resident of a county with a population of four hundred thousand persons or less, appointed by the Board from a list of names any home inspector organization provides if the home inspector organization meets all of the following criteria:
    a. Has at least fifty members actively engaged in the practice of home inspection in this state.
    b. Holds regular elections.
    **c. Publishes bylaws.

**The way I read it members of NACHI need not apply.

Now I am confused, I will call them again and ask for further clarification.

BRB

According to their rules, you don’t even need to live or practice in the state of Arizona to belong to this board. Interesting. I think I’ll apply.

Also please define, Publish By-Laws.

NACHI has published by-laws.

The NACHI Board of Directors has elections don’t they. Nick keeps voting for himself when required by the published by-laws.

You do not belong to an ORG that votes John.:stuck_out_tongue:
And AZ only recognizes Home Inspectors as someone holding a State issued Certification.:stuck_out_tongue:

Apply away.:roll:

:mrgreen: Thank you Brian. I am on hold with BTR.:shock::roll:

Ok, I guess I have just never seen them before. Would you be kind enough to point me to them.

Thanks in advance

I did not expect this to turn into a fiasco, but alas…

The only reference I can find on the web for NACHI bylaws pertains to chapters and not the Org. itself.

You will probably never get to see them. They are NACHI By-laws (The organization). You would have to request to see them from the NACHI Board of Directors.

The board does meet every year and the board does have elections.

They are based on Robert’s Rules, very basic. I don’t believe they are available for public view, but they are on file with the IRS, etc.

No one but the Board of Directors has any type of voting rights on the By Laws (I believe).

So when you make blanket statements that NACHI does not have By-laws, etc., you are wrong.

The membership does not have any ties with the by laws of NACHI. Therefore no votes.

Hope i said that all correctly.

Published does not mean public. Published means written. NACHI does have written/published By-Laws.

No. Check out any other org. How absurd. Semantics won’t help anyone in the real world.

You can argue semantics all you want and Todd still won’t be able to apply.

Published, in this context, means available in a conspicuous place for ALL members to see.