Code of Ethics Public Information

Who is actually on the InterNACHI Ethics Enforcement Committee or whatever it is called?

Please cite the occasions where any InterNACHI inspector received sanctions or expulsion for a violation of the Code of Ethics currently in place.

Where can the general public or members go to find this information?

The results are part of a private organization’s inner workings and policies. The public and members are not entitled to or have the right to this information on the membership.

The Chair of the committee is Joe Farsetta. I am sure he has a list of the numbers but as a matter of privacy, would not be releasing the names.

You make a very valid point. I agree with you.

The question “who is presently on the esop committee?” was asked over and over and over again a month or so ago. Eventually Joe F. responded that basically he was the committee.

Then stated if anyone was interested at joining the committee to email him.

As far as I know nothing further has happened, and none of the former members no longer serve the committee, except Joe F.

http://www.nachi.org/esop-committee.htm

Is this the Official Response of InterNACHI to my questions or your personal opinion?

Thank you.

That list is long out of date Barry.

Contact Joe Farsetta.

I can update that page if you find out who is on it.

Too Funny… :slight_smile:

Wow!

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this policy (and it wouldn’t matter anyway) but for conversation sake, I find it interesting that this information would not be given to the public. Wouldn’t that be the type of information one would want to find out about an inspector before potentially hiring him?
In TX, which is a licensed state, I believe we can get that type of information, we can also check the good standing of a person’s license with either his/her name or his/her license number.

Supposely if a member is found voilating NACHI ethics, that member is kicked out of NACHI. At least that is what I have been told.

Back to post #1.

Good luck getting a straight answer Barry. I tried a short while ago to get an answer to that very question, and certain members questioned my ethics for even asking the question.

Now the thread that contained the conversation has disappeared.

Nothing has, nor ever will, change.

Ha …Only if your name is Meeker. It will be an interesting year for sure.

Was it the scumbag Rowan that was using your signature, Meeker?

That information is public record having to do with a state issued license.

This is a private organization and because they set their own rules and regulations, which may or may not have anything to do with a state law, any discipline taken on a member is held solely within that organization. For example, a member could be suspended or kicked out for violation of the the organization’s rules. The member could show as suspended / expelled for something that has nothing to do with their skills as an inspector or business. PRIVATE ORGANIZATION says it all. Private.

So if a home inspector gets suspended for an ethics violation does that not make his skills as a home inspector bad?

There were a couple members that were suspended for a violation of the COE in this organization for issues on the message board. That has nothing to do with their talent or skill as a home inspector. There can be pissing matches / personality conflicts between members that end in the suspension or expulsion of a member that have absolutely nothing to do with the business of home inspection. So to answer your question, no. This makes my point exactly.

Agreed to a certain extent. If the reason of suspension is given, for example because of pissing matches/personality conflicts between members resulting in suspension or expulsion, is one thing.
However, even if the inspector is technically the best in the world, but is suspended because he got kickbacks from the RE or contractor, one could assume that he’s writing stuff up just to get paid more later when work is done on the house.
My point is not just to know if a HI is suspended but why he is suspended.

The technical competency is just a part of a job just like in any corporation.

TREC has a questionable rule IMO:
(d) The relationship of the inspector with another inspector should at a minimum meet the following guidelines
(3) If an inspector has knowledge of a possible violation of the rules of the Texas Real Estate Commission or Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1102, the inspector should report the possible violation to the Texas Real Estate Commission.

Meaning, if I know an inspector violated a rule, I am to report him. If I don’t then I become an unethical person according to this rule. :shock:
And since one inspector cannot possibly find all deficiencies in house, then I guess we are ALL in violation of the TREC Occupations Code… and since we aren’t reporting each other, I guess we are all unethical…:twisted: