Florida-Any Changes

Did you think there will be any changes to the 2010 license this year.

What with all the money problems Florida is having I do not see how they will be able to fund any new legislation in the coming years. I just read where many “services” much higher on the pecking order are either going to be cut out completely or cut way back. As we get closer to the day when it is suppose to happen I think we will see or hear something. Right now I do not believe it is even on anyone’s radar.

I agree I don’t see the state fronting the money for the startup to fund this project, not with the tax roll backs coming.

I figure too if McCain gets the WH, Crist will get tapped for some j.o.b. as payback for his support so we won’t see much more of him. He was one of the biggest supporters of the HI law dispite all the information provided to him saying why it was not a good law. I hate politicians!

Hi to all,

here is a link to Sen Wises’ glitch bill which has been filed

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/index.cfm?Mode=Bills&SubMenu=1&BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Year=2008&BillNum=1452

Regards

Gerry

**S1452 GENERAL BILL by Wise
**Building Inspection Professionals [EPCC]; Requires a corporation or
partnership that offers home inspection services to have a home
inspector of record for the corporation or partnership, etc. EFFECTIVE
DATE: 07/01/2010.
01/30/08 SENATE Filed
02/21/08 SENATE Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce; General
Government Appropriations
03/04/08 SENATE Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce;
General Government Appropriations -SJ 00089
03/06/08 SENATE On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/11/08, 9:00
am, 110-S

These updates are talking about the “Building Profession Regulation” this also includes the new bill that regulates the building inspectors. A new bill that was passed for section 489 also includes a provision that changes the requirements for building inspectors. It is kind of like an apprentaceship(spelling??? a few to many Hurricanes) for inspectors and plan reviewers.

I do know that the DPBR is trying to pass the administration to this bill (I think it is bill Number 404), It is establishing a school and test for the government inspectors.

Just a thought…

That would be in line with some peoples wish for 2 tier licensing

Regards

Gerry

Did you see the cost increase for re-upping as a LLC. It went from 50.00 to 140.00

I would expect to see local occupational license prices increasing also. Every government in Florida is looking to increase income due to rolling back property taxes. I know Key West Building Dept. is looking at raising their fees and so are all the other departments.

You know it.

Our city just changed the name to occupational TAX

rlb

Yes our home inspections will be taxed soon.

anything going on Gerry

I guess it is going to die

I guess it died

Carnack says… With the poor fiscal shape our state is in I guess there wasn’t enough money in the cookie jar to fund the home inspector licensing bill, looks like the fees will need to be $1,000 per year or more to get the thing off the ground. :roll:

Never say never Joe, remember that the State has pissed $450 million on the mysafeFL program!! whats another couple of mil ??

Regards

Gerry

The glitch bill that was supposed to reform the original licensing bill to include grandfathering has died in committee.

http://www.flsenate.gov/images/dividers/600x3_gradient.gif

**S1452 GENERAL BILL by Wise
**Building Inspection Professionals [EPCC]; Requires a corporation or
partnership that offers home inspection services to have a home
inspector of record for the corporation or partnership on file with the
Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Revises provisions
restricting a home inspector from performing repairs on a home following
an inspection. Revises the grandfather clause relating to the licensure
of a person as a home inspector, etc. EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/2010.
01/30/08 SENATE Filed
02/21/08 SENATE Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce; General
Government Appropriations
03/04/08 SENATE Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce;
General Government Appropriations -SJ 00089
03/06/08 SENATE On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/11/08, 9:00
am, 110-S
03/11/08 SENATE Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
-SJ 00247; Now in Commerce -SJ 00247
05/02/08 SENATE Died in Committee on Commerce

Thats because they have more important things to do - like ban nutz from the back of cars and fight over the state song.

So where are we??

rlb