Florida Licesne Application READY !!!

Go to:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/CheckListDetail.asp?SID=&xactCode=1031&clientCode=0401&XACT_DEFN_ID=13062

Read for instructions…

I have also attached the 20 page application .

Zoe Fackler
Florida InterNACHI

Awesome! :smiley:

You can obtain proof of your course hours here: http://www.nachi.org/certificatesofcompletion.htm

so whats the deal. Can I still take zoes test, or is it too late for that? do i have to take the pierson test and a class or all that? any help would be appreciated

I talked with DBPR this am and if you are Grandfathering the 120 reports are fully printed reports not just a list, when I told the women that would take about 10 reams of paper on average she said, I know. Plus when I ask for a list of approved education and CE providers she said you can’t do CE until you are licensed. I asked if she had read the information:D
The gears are turning very slow

This is an excellent way to purge some very old reports that are in storage from years ago. Saves me the trouble of sending to the recycling center. I figure if everyone who uses the grandfathering method the DBPR will need to rent storage spaces for tons of paper reports because I believe by law they now have to keep these on file for five years. The customers names and addresses can be redacted which is going to make it real dang difficult to verify. The more I see of how our government(s) operate, it is a wonder we haven’t been taken over by some third world country…oh wait. We have.

For those that don’t meet the grandfathering requirements… start getting your course work done: www.nachi.org/pre.htm Free.

Bruce,
Doesn’t Florida have a “Paperwork Reduction Act” in place? The Feds and most states do. If Florida does, this would possibly violate the Act. Just a thought.
Jeff

The application that I filled out today asked for the date of the inspection, if it was a full inspection—yes or no—and the number I assigned to the inspection. Didn’t ask/ request/ require any printed copies at the application process.

120 hard copy printed reports. they are not budging on this.
thats 4000-5000 pages
happy printing

Does the *written *law state they must be printed, or just supplied??? Send them on Disc’s… let them waste the time and money to print!

DBPR is the office that is implementing this law so they get to determine how, what, when and where the applications will be submitted. I got this email this morning. It clearly states NO electronic capabilities exists at this time to accept the 120 reports. It goes on to say…paper copies to be submitted with application for those choosing option #2 for grandfathering.

[FONT=Arial]

On July 1, 2010, The Department of Business and Professional Regulation began its licensing and regulation of home inspectors and mold related services. Applications with instructions and requirements are available on our website at: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/index.html for home inspectors and http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/mold/index.html for mold related services. Please visit the websites to access answers to questions you might have concerning the application process, licensing and general information about the professions. ****[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]One of the concerns that I have received is confusion with the initial application process for home inspector grandfathering. The two methods of licensure by grandfathering are:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]If the applicant is certified as a home inspector by a state or national association that requires successful completion of a proctored examination on home inspection services and completion of at least 14 hours of verifiable education on such services;

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]or[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]At the time of application, the applicant has at least 3 years of experience as a home inspector and completion of at least 14 hours of verifiable education on home inspection services. To establish the 3 years of experience, an applicant must submit at least 120 home inspection reports prepared by the applicant. The department may investigate the validity of a home inspection report.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
**[FONT=Arial]**Only option #2 requires 120 inspection reports. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]If you are applying for licensure using option #2 and submitting the required 120 home inspection reports, the reports have to be submitted by hard copy on paper. The department cannot accept an electronic version at this time. In addition, if any confidentiality issues exist, the applicant can redact information on the reports they do not want to make public record. Please contact the department at 850.487.1395 if you have problems or questions when filling out your application.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Rick Morrison, Executive Director[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Department of Business and Professional Regulation[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]1940 N. Monroe Street[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Tallahassee[/FONT][FONT=Arial], Florida 32399[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]850.922.0336 (office)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]850.922.2918 (fax)[/FONT]

Incredible!!!

Well, that should at least create jobs for the logging and paper industries.

Copied from page 19 of the application…

LICENSURE BY GRANDFATHERING

Licensure by Grandfathering requires passage of an examination that is substantially similar to the state of Florida required examination and 14 hours of verifiable education related to home inspection. A completed application and all fees must be submitted to the department before March 1, 2011. The fee is $330 ($125 application fee, $200 initial licensure fee and $5.00 unlicensed activity fee). Your check or money order, made payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, should be attached to the application. Applications filed under this provision will be reviewed by the department to determine eligibility based on meeting both requirements prior to July 1, 2010 for licensure by grandfathering.

From the application it sure looks to me like you would have had to pass your exam and had your 14 hours of education completed prior to today 7/1/2010 or it does not count, right?

I agree with your take on it Joe. If you missed that train, you’ll have to do it the old fashioned way. Don’t worry though, InterNACHI has made it convenient and inexpensive: www.nachi.org/pre.htm

I’m also guessing that if you are applying via experience that the pool of 120 qualifying inspections would have had to have been performed prior to 7/1/2010 to meet eligibility requirements too.

I agree with your take on that one too. Many inspectors are simply going to have to bite the bullet and do www.nachi.org/pre.htm

:slight_smile: Thanks NACHI for making the process so easy… already sent my application.

Nick, I am confused everything I am reading on these post some positive, some negative, you warned us in 2007 to prepare for the licensing program and some I guess did not take it serious. I do not voice out on anyone it is not my nature but when I hear contractors who came in this profession because contractors are not getting work because of the economy and they seem to be the ones complaining of NACHI standards it makes me angry. Nick I spent 41 years studying the Science of Building Trades and I continue to study and I have to say this you I respect, you have help this profession in so many ways. Nick some day I will meet you and shake your hand for everything you have given to this profession. Nick I am a Building-Remodeling contractor since 1978, also for 10 years built Nuclear Attack Submarines Pipefitter 1st/class, Pipefitter-Foreman-Supervisor my experience will speak for itself. I have dedicated most of my life to the Building Trades.

Thank you Nick!
Regards,
Alfred Leo Pelletier, CMI
www.pelletierson.com

Alfred,

You dont look like you are in your 60’s. I am basing that on 41 years of studying and figuring you didnt start until you were 20.

Go here to get info for the next date/time of the proctored exam: http://www.floridainternachi.org/