Illinois Requirements

I am currently only inspecting in Missouri, but would like to move into Illinois as well. I have been trying to contact the Illinois Department of Professional Regulations, but it is impossible to actually speak with someone. I have a better chance of winning the lottery. I also have tried to look up the requirements online but there is sooooooo much conflicting information its unbelievable. Is there anyway someone could please help me or point me in the right direction to get certified in Illinois for home inspection as well as radon testing?

Thanks

Q. How do I register to take the licensure exam?
A.
Register for the exam by calling AMP (Applied Measurement Professionals) at 800.345.6559 or by visiting AMP’s website at http://www.goamp.com/. Exams are given at several different locations throughout Illinois Monday through Saturday. AMP will provide you with information as to your nearest testing site and the available exam dates.

I know how to register for the test, what I want to know is the other requirements for becoming licensed in Illinois for home inspection as well as radon testing.

please help me or point me in the right direction to get certified in Illinois for home inspection as well as radon testing?

We are licensed not certified.(your welcome)

Here’s the inspection requirements:

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/re/glance.pdf

60 hours of education, fees and the exam.

Here’s the radon info:

http://www.state.il.us/iema/radon/applylic.asp

Yeah I guess that was almost as stupid as your first useless response.

Thanks for your help.

Michael, Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I will gladly answer any questions that you may have. If I don’t have the answers, I’ll point you in the right direction to get answers. Most of us are here to help others need help.:wink:

You’d do better to stay on the Missouri side of the river. You would have a lot of competition with the lowballers. We have enough AHIT inspectors over here.

Letter to Linas Dapkas

Please put me on ignore as I am not going to respond after this.
Note this is 5-4-12 that I am requesting you stop stalking my posts and committing acts that are harmful to my business.

This is a public forum that can be searched by any member of the public and thinking you may post lies or slander in order to harm a local competitor is something most Judges may not take lightly as a loss of income due to false innuendos even in jest may harm both myself and my family financially.

Do not contact me,post about me or respond to this post.

Time of this writing is 7:50 am and wish you to consider this a both a personal and professional request as every post will be documented to be used against you if needed in a court of law.

My present and future clients are being effected by your acts and Bob Elliott(myself) would like to prevent this from becoming a matter settled in a court of law.

Thank You.
Bob Elliott

Linus is very helpful ???

F u c k you . I was responding to this members request for help. You do what you gotta do. Don’t tell me what to do, you’re not in charge here.

Do you know if the InterNACHI Radon course is accepted by Illinois for the education part of the requirements?

No Nachi courses full-fill pre-licensing requirements. You can’t just take a course here and there until they add up to minimum licensing requirement.

Not trying to say your wrong, I am just trying to figure out all that I can. If you go to http://www.nachi.org/moreillinoislicenses.htm , it looks like Illinois does accept it? Are you saying that Illinois does not accept InterNACHI courses because you know for fact or hearsay?

Thanks for your help.

Those are continuing education courses. After you receive your lic. you must have a minimum 12 hours CE’s to renew your license for another 2 years.

Nachi is a continuing education provider, not a Pre-license **Education **provider.

You’re going to have to pay an IL approved Pre-license **Education **provider $1,000 or more and take a 60 course. Then pay a few more hundred to take and pass the State proctored exam.

Yeah I know all that I am an AHIT graduate for home inspection.
I’m looking for the RADON requirements.

That’s not what you said here.

If you would have read all the posts, you would have seen that I got my answers and was just asking one of the posters a specific question about radon.