InterNACHI teams up with PreInspected.com

PRESS RELEASE: InterNACHI® Teams Up with PreInspected.com - InterNACHI

Very exciting. I’ll be posting the details tomorrow on pre-listinginspection.com/free

PM or Email me at support@preinspected.com

What the…

Come on Nick, April Fools is over.

Congrats I’m proud of you David! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support Mark

I was half expecting that to happen…

Either this one or Preston Sandlin and crew new project.

1. How is the inspector protected from a negligent referral?
    Inspector performs a listing inspection that the seller can get compensated back for by using one of the preferred listing agents.
    Listing agent fails to adequately perform and the seller is pissed at the inspector and program, that referred.

2. Does the seller get to vet the listing inspector prior to working with them, or is this a first come first serve bases? (whoever comes up with the cash gets the lead).

There seem to be a lot of different opinions going around on how to make this a “FREE” listing inspection.

Hi, here is some more info and I’ll try to answer a few questions with it:

Pre-ListingInspection.com is a site where agents, and sellers can learn more about the advantages and benefits of having a pre-listing inspection. It is simply an information site with a directory of inspectors that are setup on PreInspected.com. 

PreInspected.com lead generator for inspectors and agents is a great tool on its own but it can be combined with a free pre-listing inspection to boost the conversion rate of these leads.

We all understand that buyer inspections make no sense, they are in the wrong order. They create problems in the real estate process that can be avoided with a seller inspection.

On PreInspected.com, inspectors are able (with the client’s permission) to upload the inspection report for prospective buyers to download for free. Those who download the reports are people who are looking to buy a house and possibly sell theirs giving the agent and the inspector 2 possible leads per download. In order to download the report, the prospective buyers need to first register for free and verify their mobile number and email which is sent to both the inspector and agent after the download. If a report is downloaded 20 times, that is 40 possible inspections. Of course, not all leads will be legit and not all of them will be ready to buy or sell right away but they will remember you.

What the free pre-listing inspection does is that it makes it easy for inspectors to convert those leads into clients by offering them a free pre-listing inspection. In reality, you are still getting paid by the seller but they have the opportunity to get a refund if they choose one of the participating agents in their area that understands the benefits and advantages of having a pre-listing inspection to sell houses faster and for more money. We are working at growing the list of agents willing to refund the client for the inspection fee but you can let your agents know to sign up for free on Pre-ListingInspection.com/agents to start receiving leads.

You perform your pre-listing inspection as usual, you get your contract signed, provide a report and once they get an agent you can upload the report on PreInspected.com and start getting leads that you can start promoting free pre-listing inspections to them. You are not promoting any agents but giving an option for the sellers to get a refund by working with an agent listed on a 3rd party website. At the same time, you are working towards moving the inspection where it belongs, at the beginning of the transaction doubling the amount of available work.

The reports on PreInspected.com are to be used as a guide only by the prospective buyers and they have to agree to that when they sign up and when they download a report. They can still and are encourage to do their own buyer inspection. If they want to be protected with the inspection, you can give them an Onsite review. Without an Onsite review, your liability is limited to the party for whom we performed the inspection; the seller. The Onsite review can be done once they bought the house, you go and review the report with them, get them to sign your contract, give them the report and they are protected. Some charge about 50% of the inspection fee to do that. If the inspection was done a while back, it would be best to do another full inspection at possibly a discounted price.
Agents that will be listed on Pre-ListingInspection.com/agents will have to agree that in order to get the client, they will need to refund them for the pre-listing inspection. Many of them would have paid for that inspection anyways. As an inspector, you did the inspection and showed them a way to get a refund. Whether they choose to use the option or not is their choice.

It’s not a bullet proof system, nothing is, but we’ll make it as good as possible. If you have any ideas on how to make it even better please me know. I will be marketing it for my inspection company in my area after the conference and will be updating everyone on the progress.

This system will also work for buyer inspection if you get to the client first.

David
[FONT=Arial]support@preinspected.com
[/FONT]

Not to sound negative, but I have not found an agent yet that is willing to pay for the inspection, period. Even in the early days of Nachi’s program, the first words out of the agents mouth was, “who pays for the inspection”. This is not much different than the MIC program that exists now, other than the lead sharing.

Hi, how much do you think it cost an agent to gain one client? They don’t pay for a client they already have and even that would be very profitable just to get the leads from the downloads alone, they pay to gain a client. Sites like Zillow charges over 20% of the commission to send them a client. It’s worth thousands but they can get it for around $500. Let me know if you have any more questions. We’ll do our best to get agents willing to do so in your area.

We are retired but looking back I think we had about 10%~ of our clients paid by the agent , No dickering we always got full price .
I am surprised at how many inspectors charge less now then we did 10 years ago.

Here when I do my pre-listing presentation they all get it that paying for it gets them the leads, especially when they realize that they can sell the house faster, for more money, with less negotiation. Many of them have a special package for that, like the VIP package where they include other things like warranties, staging, some fixing…

Total BS. A SMART buyer hires their own inspector that has a duty to their client and only their client. I would never rely on some unknown person that has not been vetted to my satisfaction.

Must have taken some advanced classes from Nick. Puffery 101 and Advanced Smoke and Mirrors. :roll:

Hi, when they download the report, they have to agree that the report is to be used as a guide only and that it is not a substitution for a buyer inspection. The program can double the amount of inspections. Buyer inspections are in the wrong order and the exact reason why you have to rely on agents for your business. If we all start doing pre-listing inspections, eventually it will become the norm and clients will contact you directly before they get an agent. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So, using that logic, I guess you also recommend people NOT bring a used car they may want to purchase to their own mechanic to be checked out before purchase?
Just rely on the someone else’s say-so?

Weird thing to say…

The exact reason we need to push pre-listing inspections, is so we can also do the buyer inspections. Yes they are in the wrong order, but that’s how we get to do the pre-listing inspection. You do them all and more with all the leads you get from the downloads.

Do as many pre-listing as you can, and do seller inspection and buyer inspection for all the leads. Plus whoever buys the house that you did the seller inspection on, you can give that client the protection of a home inspection by doing an onsite review with them, get them to sign the contract, give them the report, pass on whatever warranty you got if any and charge 50% for a quick walk and talk. If the original inspection was a while back then you do a more thorough inspection of the property. Let me know if you have any questions.

So it’s just a scheme to sell more regular buyer’s inspection then.
If the service has no value, other to sell a “real” inspection, then I don’t see the value.

Around here, sellers don’t care about pre-listing inspections. Smart buyers don’t trust them anyway, so I don’t see this going anywhere, but good luck just the same.

Pre-Listing inspections do sell houses faster and for more due to the lack of negotiation and they get more offers. If people have to shell out $500 each to get a home inspection before they submit an offer and aren’t guaranteed to get the house, you’ll likely get fewer offers. Fewer offers likely means a lower selling price. There are a million other reasons that have been posted a million time about the benefits of pre-listing inspections but not everyone will want to rely on it anymore than just a guide. Go check the power point presentation, it will show all the benefits of PLI Log into Facebook | Facebook

Perhaps all the comments, criticisms, praises I read here of what the outcome could be,
who (or how many) will truly benefit.
Consider signing up so we can review the results over time. :slight_smile:

David, do you have any proof of this?

Don’t get me wrong. I am a firm believer in listing inspections. Get the issues out, full disclosure, less hassle and negotiations. I have had Realtors agree it is a great program, but they will not pay for the inspection.