Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors

Notices

Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors Use this forum to discuss current and proposed legislation on home inspector licensing, and other legal issues affecting home inspectors. Inspectors from all associations welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7/19/13, 1:27 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: InterNACHI adopts upgrade to Inspector Code of Ethics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldapkus1 View Post
Hey Roy,
I googled your name and look what came up. Now that's funny!!!
Thanks a lot! Now I've got Coke Zero to clean out of my nose and my keyboard.
Need a home inspection in Alabama? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alabama certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/19/13, 2:27 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
https://www.nachi.org/code_of_ethics.htm

Specifically, #7 has been added. If you are releasing your client's information to a third party, make sure your client knows you are doing that, why you are doing it, and has no objection to you doing it.
And what good are the Code of Ethics, changes to the Code of Ethics, or additions to the Code of Ethics if the CEO or Owner or COO or Administration of INACHI allow members to violate those Ethics without consequences?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. A once great institution sinking quickly into the abyss of mediocrity.

Stephen Stanczyk
Washington State Licensed Home Inspector # 221
President, Washington Association of Property Inspectors (WAPI)
(253) 241-0602 calls answered until 10pm

Pierce County -Thurston County - King County - Kitsap County
Old 7/19/13, 7:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthornberry View Post
Would you mind explaining your threat "the end is near"?

Pretty immature of you and I hope it's not a reflection on how you run your business.

Joe made many interpretations of my product and the intent of the COE prematurely. I didn't call him a liar, I didn't attack him as you say, I simply offered my clarifications based on fact, which he was free to respond to and he did.

I hate to see the membership confused.
Are you so Egotistical that you now think something in my sig is actually a threat directed towards you? realyl, you are not worthy of a spot in my sig, nor does that need to be done. You are perfect ally capable of self-destructing all on your own.

Jim

The End Is Near..

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia Certification#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Last edited by jkeilson; 7/20/13 at 8:03 AM..
Old 7/19/13, 11:44 AM
Banned

Please Note: kwood is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stremblay View Post
Thanks a lot! Now I've got Coke Zero to clean out of my nose and my keyboard.
I have learned to not look at the InterNachi MB until I have had my Coffee and now I keep my Coffee or drink far away from the Key board.
Old 7/19/13, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthornberry View Post
Lol...yep! But enlighten us...what are you actually referring to? End of the Mayan calendar?
Not that you deserve squat from me nor is this any of your business whatsoever clown. But just to show everyone that all you do is stick your nose in others business when it has nothing to do with you, and always twist, spin and turn things around because you think everything is about you. The truth is that most here are getting quite sick of you.

Now to answer your question. You think that saying is a Threat? and towards you? Please your to easy to play with when I want to..LOL..a puppet if you will.

That saying has NOTHING to do with you or NACHI. Some here know that recently I had a twist in my life's plan. A fairly major health issue. Yeah I am now on Dialysis and on the transplant list. A pretty major life change to say the least. Still doing 3-4 inspections a week and 7-10 Radons and a few molds...I will not be beat down by this (at least for now).

The saying is because last month a friend I met in Dialysis was sitting next to me while I was on my laptop. He was interested in some of the hoopla that goes on here. Anyway long story short, he is not like me. I am Mr. positive, perky, good attitude... all that crap. Well this guy was on dialysis for 7 years, (starting at 16 yrs old). Then got a transplant, was great for 9 years. 6 Months ago that kidney shut down and he is back on dialysis, and not doing so great and has a real dim outlook on life.

He wears a T shirt with the saying on it, "The End Is Near"

He asked me to add it to all my posts for a month on his behalf.

Are you happy now??

Jim

Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 7/20/13, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeilson View Post
Not that you deserve squat from me nor is this any of your business whatsoever clown. But just to show everyone that all you do is stick your nose in others business when it has nothing to do with you, and always twist, spin and turn things around because you think everything is about you. The truth is that most here are getting quite sick of you.

Now to answer your question. You think that saying is a Threat? and towards you? Please your to easy to play with when I want to..LOL..a puppet if you will.

That saying has NOTHING to do with you or NACHI. Some here know that recently I had a twist in my life's plan. A fairly major health issue. Yeah I am now on Dialysis and on the transplant list. A pretty major life change to say the least. Still doing 3-4 inspections a week and 7-10 Radons and a few molds...I will not be beat down by this (at least for now).

The saying is because last month a friend I met in Dialysis was sitting next to me while I was on my laptop. He was interested in some of the hoopla that goes on here. Anyway long story short, he is not like me. I am Mr. positive, perky, good attitude... all that crap. Well this guy was on dialysis for 7 years, (starting at 16 yrs old). Then got a transplant, was great for 9 years. 6 Months ago that kidney shut down and he is back on dialysis, and not doing so great and has a real dim outlook on life.

He wears a T shirt with the saying on it, "The End Is Near"

He asked me to add it to all my posts for a month on his behalf.

Are you happy now??

Jim

Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you as that has to be life changing for sure, especially for your family man.

What a positive attitude which is admired, it seems you keep on trucking or inspecting!

In regards to all the hoopla going on recently in the MB, just realize guys that's all it is. NACHI is good for online training, MB chatter and general industry upkeep. Most people connected with the home buying process do not even know what NACHI stands for let alone knowing we are here in the forums!

Use NACHI for what it's worth and understand its worth. The NACHI business is ran by one or two people. Its crazy to see the amount of people come and go through the years. All the wars, crazy people, crazy vendors - some trying to rip people of or think they are actually relevant to the industry. Man all the sad deaths we've had and all the experience and opportunity to learn from them, priceless.

Tune out the noise if you want to be successful.....

Providing Residential Inspections in Georgia
Providing Commercial Inspections in GA, FL, AL, SC, NC, TN, KY
Old 7/20/13, 8:25 AM

Ray, I truly appreciate all your kind words and best wishes. You are correct this is a huge life change for me and my family. Fortunately I am a strong willed kind of a person with a positive attitude. Things have really changed for sure, but with a bit of schedule readjusting, and cutting back a little, I am still working my as.s off as much as possible.

It sure is a good thing that I have built a good name for Maryland Home Inspection Services over the years and get good referrals. Add to that the List of Excellent Realtors that have stuck by me and are still referring me like nothing has changed. I thank all these people everyday.

As far as what you said about NACHI you are totally correct. It is quite sad but true. There are some really great people here and I have made some great friends as well as some of the brightest minds in the Inspection biz.

Sadly the management has all but given up on ethics and professionalism in the promotion of NACHI, and is allowing it to become a laughing stock as far as integrity goes. Thank goodness for Ben and his awesome educational team as that is by far the best in the biz..bar none. Unfortunately the ethics is non existent now.

I will always be here for my fellow Inspectors and will always try to help them as best I can and maybe one day the powers to be at NACHI will open their eyes and see the mistakes they are making and turn things around before it is to late here.

Best wishes to all and stay healthy and cool out there.

Jim

The end is near.

Old 7/20/13, 8:45 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Jim,

In honor of your friend and yourself, I will be adding the statement to my posts also!

Get well my friend!

"The End Is Near"

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

Old 7/20/13, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonas View Post
Jim,

In honor of your friend and yourself, I will be adding the statement to my posts also!

Get well my friend!

"The End Is Near"

Thanks Jeff, I actually just got home from todays treatment. I told and showed my friend all the hoopla his little saying started here. He cracked up and couldn't believe Nathan took this as something about him..LOL needless to say I had to explain to him all about Nathan.

Hope you are feeling well also my friend.

Jim

The End is near.

Old 7/20/13, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeilson View Post
Sadly the management has all but given up on ethics and professionalism in the promotion of NACHI, and is allowing it to become a laughing stock as far as integrity goes. Thank goodness for Ben and his awesome educational team as that is by far the best in the biz..bar none. Unfortunately the ethics is non existent now.
Pretty much

Way to go Nick and Chris

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Old 7/20/13, 3:22 PM
Active Poster

We added requirements to the COE. We subtracted nothing. If our Code of Ethics didn't lack integrity for the many years prior to the addition of #7, how could it lack integrity after adding #7?

You're an inspector, explain it: If a 2" X 10" has enough integrity, how can a 2" x 12" not?
Old 7/20/13, 3:30 PM

Quote:
We added requirements to the COE. We subtracted nothing. If our Code of Ethics didn't lack integrity for the many years prior to the addition of #7, how could it lack integrity after adding #7?

You're an inspector, explain it: If a 2" X 10" has enough integrity, how can a 2" x 12" not?
When the 2x10 is replaced with a 2x12 that has had the heart eaten away by termites, the increased size means nothing. Unfortunately, INACHI leadership has allowed the infestation to take root and is treating with nothing more than spring water.

Stephen Stanczyk
Washington State Licensed Home Inspector # 221
President, Washington Association of Property Inspectors (WAPI)
(253) 241-0602 calls answered until 10pm

Pierce County -Thurston County - King County - Kitsap County
Old 7/20/13, 3:34 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
the increased size means nothing
Thank you. Good explanation showing that even if you think it is nothing, adding nothing to something doesn't subtract from it (I did that without a calculator ).
Need a home inspection in Alabama? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alabama certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/20/13, 3:43 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:

It's still a pig.
Old 7/20/13, 4:09 PM

Nick is avoiding 2 issues.

1. The industry changed when data mining and the new wrinkle of inspectors selling their client's info. The changes made to the COE where needed but FAILED to go far enough.

2. His lack of enforcement of the previous version of the COE gutted it's very meaning and intent.

He can dance and spin all he wants but even a caveman can see it.

He is well aware of the issues but chose to cozy up to the vendors instead of dealing with the real problem.

Make no mistake. This is Nick's and Chris's doing but from here it appears as if someone else is pulling the strings.

Ask yourself why?

As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me