NACHI Inspector Running For Public Office

Hi to All:

I am pleased to announce my intent to run for City Commissoner of Pembroke Pines, Florida District 2. The election will be held on January 29, 2008, the same day of the Florida Presidential Primary. The City Commissioner Seat is a Non-Partisan Election.

As many of you know, over the past 3 years I have been involved in the poltical arena fighting for the NACHI membership in Florida.

The City of Pembroke Pines was established in 1960. We are the second largest City in Broward County and the tenth largest in the State.

The decline in Real Estate and other economic factors have caused a chain reaction for the local residents regarding property taxes and services provided. I believe I have the ability to solve these problems and many more.

In 2005 after Jessica Lunsford was killed, my wife and I looked for sexual offenders in our City. We found one living next door to a Day Care Center. I contacted the City Mayor and the Commissioners. Two weeks later I testified at a public meeting. Shortly after, the City passed an ordinace very similiar to what is now called “Jessica’s Law”

I have received tremendous support from the community. I have started my grassroots campaign and will be going door-to-door.

My campaign website will be up and running in the near future.

Today I am reaching out to you, my fellow inspectors for a contribution to my campaign.

I have put in a substantial amount of my own money already. Your support will allow me to reach out to my local community.

The Florida Department of State Division of Elections requires the following for any campaign donation:

A political contribution is not tax deductible.

A U.S. based business or an American Citizen may contribute up to $500.
The candidate must obtain and report the name and address of the contributor.

Please make your contribution to:

Campaign For Jay Schwartz

Mail your check to:
Campaign for Jay Schwartz
8310 NW 16th Street
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024

Thank you in advance for all of your support!

Political Advertisment paid for and approved by Jay Schwartz, Non Partisan Candidate for City Commission, Pembroke Pines, Florida District 2

Good luck Jay!!

Go get em Jay and Good Luck

Paul

Go for Jay!!! :slight_smile:

Good Luck.

Jay,

Thats really cool. Good luck to you!

I want to say good luck and if by some miricale my business gets enough inspections to cover atleast the insurance then you can count on me for some help

Good luck Jay, all the best.

I wish you luck Jay…:smiley:

Good luck, Jay. Go get them.

I appreciate the support!

Is there anything we can do to help?

I think he already told you what kind of help he needs:

Jay, do yourself a favor and set up a PayPal account to accept contributions. Makes life much easer for you…

Nick and Joe:

The campaign account was just opened. I am going to set up a PAYPAL account with the website. I agree it would be easier. I do not know if I can get the site up and running before the September 30th deadline.

I am looking to raise as much as I possibly can before the September 30th quaterly cut off. We need to report our account totals on October 10th.

Any contribution in any amount is very much appreciated.

Nick:

Could you post a link of this thread on the What’s New Page?

Jay, Good luck to you. Be nice to see a non-politician in office anywhere.

LOL! And what will you call him when he is elected? A politician!:smiley:

The truth is that most politicians start out as something other than an office holder. Most are either lawyers or small businessmen in their previous incarnations. The problem is that is they were any good at either one of those, they likely won’t run for office as it is a huge pain in the *** and quite a paycut.

Jay, I can’t do much, but maybe my small contribution can offset the pizza and beer expenses for the volunteer door knockers/envelope stuffers! It’s on its way.

Thank you Joe. I really appreciate it.

One thing I can guarantee, I will never compromise my integrity.

Door to door campaign is kicking off!

I made the newspaper. Its a start!