Mark Cohen & Nathan Thornberry ?

Tell me this is a joke, maybe even another Thornberry *or Nick) publicity stunt ?

Just for the record, in Mark Cohen’s post in the legal section when he said Thanks for the memories, I never bought into that. I new something was up like it always is around here at the Nut Hut.

Welcome Mark Cohen to the Residential Warranty Services legal team

Not surprised 1 bit.

Hey Nick, does InterNachi even have any attorneys on staff anymore?

Jim

Shocked, NOT

Nathan steals another one away!

Mark will definitely stay busier over on that side of the fence.

They probably traded. Now Nick has Nathan’s interns. :twisted:

Listed
____https://www.nachi.org/contact.htm____________________________________________
Legal & Accounting

Heather R. Marx
Asst. General Counsel
The Marx Law Office, L.L.C.
1815 E. 17th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
Phone: (303) 302-1841
legal@internachi.org

www.marxlawoffice.com

Rita Bachman
Paralegal / Legal Assistant

** Jeffrey D. Cohen**, Esq., C.P.A.
Tax Counsel
The Cohen Law Firm, P.C.
Legal, Tax & Business Advisors
6610 Gunpark Drive, Suite 202
Boulder, CO 80301
Phone: (303) 733-0103
Fax: (303) 733-0104
jeff@cohenadvisors.net

A friend that was at the TOP meeting said it was true and Mark resigned from InterNACHI last week.

InterNACHI has moved away from having a single general counsel and toward a full, in-house legal team with associates licensed to practice in all 50 states and Canada so that we can provide more than just cursory advice for our members. It’s one of the most audacious projects we’ve committed to.

Will there still be one of them here on the board to answer questions and help inspectors out ? and if yes do you know who it will be ?

Thanks

Jim

Nick that question was never answered ?

also I have 1 more question for you.

Due to the fact that you have stated that Nathan Thornberry is the 2nd largest data broker in this industry, and that Home inspectors that use his widgets are the # 1 source of home inspectors client data brokering, then in your opinion

1. Is Mark Cohen now part of the Legal team of the top 2 Data Brokers in the Home Inspection Industry ?

Jim

We’re going to offer something even better.

#2 seller of consumer data in the home inspection industry, yes.

I’ve met Mark several times and think he has a good head. Wish him the best.

It’s actually good he stayed in the industry after retiring from InterNACHI. He’s helpful to inspectors.

1. Care to enlighten us ?

2. When he gives it at a discount or adds any reduction, perks etc. in the posted price he is not JUST selling the data.

Anyway I guess we will never know the real reasons for this, but the reality is, (in my humble opinion) this is 1 way to seriously destroy a once honorable reputation Mark once had. It’s like crossing over to the dark side if you ask me.

Oh well, all good things come to an end, I guess.

Jim

But still when an inspector advertises pubicly snd gets in front of the local Board of Realtors claiming he is a member but is not, NACHI will just sit on their hands?

If we don’t have evidence that someone is pretending to be an InterNACHI member, correct, we just “sit on our hands.”

Yes. Nathan is only the #2 seller (more accurately, re-seller) of consumer data in our industry. Home inspectors are the #1 seller of consumer data. InterNACHI doesn’t sell or release any data to anyone, ever.

Thanks for that, but I was referring to you elaborating on when you said you will have something better ? regarding legal representation ?

Also just for the record, it’s uncool to say Home Inspectors when referring to selling their clients data to anyone. That may infer to the public that all HI’s sell their clients data, when it really is only a few (a small percentage) of HI’s that have lowered their ethics and standard enough to do such a thing.

Jim

Instead of just having a general counsel who gives general advice and isn’t licensed to practice law in most states, I’m creating a legal team that is licensed everywhere. This will be a first, where an association doesn’t just offer broad legal advice, but instead, provides legal representation for our members.

Sounds pretty cool. I can’t wait to see who you get here in MD, D.C. and VA. I already work with the top firms here.

Jim

Can you just stop doing your dance and actually do what you said you were going to go many years back?
Been through this several times with you and Cohen twice. Three inspectors in my area has logged complaints with InterNACHI about this nonmember claiming to be a InterNACHI member. You have been shown the website Paramount Inspections as evidence with very little action from you, that did not even slow him down. He even a couple months ago stood up in front of the local Board of Realtors and claimed he was an InterNACHI member. I was not at the meeting but I got people that will testify to that. This inspector is just laughing at you and NACHI.

I can show emails and message board posst to prove your inaction on this matter. This is the main reason most NACHI inspectors in central Missouri just roll their eyes when your name is mentioned.

This guy ?..
Reviews
July 17, 2013 by BD
I had James inspect my home and was drawn to him because of the NACHI certifications. Low and behold, he missed several things: toilet issues, leaking doors, and gas furnace violations identified by Ameren. Now, a couple of years later, I have found that I have a major water issue with my fireplace that should have been apparent at the time James inspected my home. I know this because the fireplace inspector was at my home in 2001 for the exact same issue that the previous owners (not whom I purchased from) sought a bid. The Fireplace has noticeable bricks cracking, white stains on the bricks on the inside of the house; a certified and competent inspector should have caught this issue, and as a result, I will be out thousands of dollars in costs to repair the fireplace. Clearly, this issue would have been addressed in the real estate transaction and is a prime example of what I expect NACHI certified inspectors to identify. DO NOT USE THIS INSPECTOR!