Missouri inspectors who fought licensing in the past

Remember this guy?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.K8v89NO%2BaLKBjycOiVfoEg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

JEFFERSON CITY, MO. – An executive at the Missouri Cattlemen’s Association says Republican state Sen. Mike Parson is running for governor in 2016.
Executive Vice President Mike Deering said Friday that Parson told the group’s board of directors the day before that he had not officially announced his candidacy, but planned to in May.
Calls to Parson from The Associated Press were not immediately returned Friday.
Deering said Parson, a member of the Cattlemen’s Association, asked board members for their support during the meeting.
Parson, 59, was elected to the state House in 2004 and the state Senate in 2010. He owns and operates a cow-and-calf operation near his home in Bolivar.
Parson has served on the Senate agriculture committee and sponsored a number of bills that would impact that industry.

JEFFERSON CITY, MO. – An executive at the Missouri Cattlemen’s Association says Republican state Sen. Mike Parson is running for governor in 2016.
Executive Vice President Mike Deering said Friday that Parson told the group’s board of directors the day before that he had not officially announced his candidacy, but planned to in May.
Calls to Parson from The Associated Press were not immediately returned Friday.
Deering said Parson, a member of the Cattlemen’s Association, asked board members for their support during the meeting.
Parson, 59, was elected to the state House in 2004 and the state Senate in 2010. He owns and operates a cow-and-calf operation near his home in Bolivar.
Parson has served on the Senate agriculture committee and sponsored a number of bills that would impact that industry.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1189655#.VSg1NZUtFbU

James … I think I remember the man.

If I’m right, back in 2004 he was a Missouri Representative pushing home inspector licensure, because if I remember correctly his daughter bought a house and upon going to hook up the laundry equipment discovered there was no water flow (never been connected in the wall). He didn’t go after the builder, installer, plumber, code inspector or seller … Just the home inspector because he didn’t find this.

ALTHOUGH in legislative hearings I attended, MANY inspectors told the man that our SoP excludes laundry appliances, etc. AND nobody there did them as part of a home inspection. He paid no attention AND again if memory serves me correctly we were told by other legislators OR lobbyists that a certain LARGE group in Missouri involved in real estate and interested in HI Licensure was helping to fund him politically ($$$$$$$$).

Does that sound like the same man??

Sounds like another stellar candidate.

His daughter did not hire the right HI, or just hired the one suggested by her agent. Sounds as if no due diligence was done. Most lawmakers don’t do any.

Yep, he was a Missouri Association of Realtors puppet. When he went to the Senate, he never sponsored a bill licensing home inspectors. MAR must have dropped him from their payroll.

ANY state REA association promoting state HI laws only want them for one reason: to allow, by law, basic minimal reports, generated by basic bare minimum regulations and standards (promoted by the association), all as to not alarm the home buyer, so the buyer will purchase the home, so the REA’s, offices, mortgage companies, title companies, insurance companies, can all get their cut of the revenue generated by the transaction.

Kansas laws are gone, just for this one reason.

Parson did not get Governor, but he got Lt. Governor. Ain’t Missouri politics great! :mad:
http://www.mikeparson.com/