NAHI legal update: InterNACHI seeks a nearly $3 million judgement against NAHI.

January 24, 2017: https://www.nachi.org/nahi.htm

So , you named yourself Executive Director of a defunct organization, and then slapped a suit on yourself?

Why only $3M? Why not $6M? Or $12M?

No, we sued them first, took them over, then I became their Executive Director.

We can only prove just under $3 million in damages.

Suing a defunct corporation is nothing more than another stunt to make you look silly. I can just imagine after a court date is set, and nobody from the old defunct corp shows you will post that you beat them out of 3mil in a lawsuit…LOL You go big guy…go get em, wait I forgot you are suing nothing, there is nobody home anymore…LMAO

The humor around here is great.

Jim

If that was true, why would InterNACHI go to all the trouble of doing it and why would ASHI try twice (lost in court both times) to try to stop InterNACHI from doing it? Those legal battles costed a lot of money on both sides.

Are you really certain it’s just a “stunt to make me look silly” ?

[quote=“gromicko, post:6, topic:113242”]

If that was true, why would InterNACHI go to all the trouble of doing it and why would ASHI try twice (lost in court both times) to try to stop InterNACHI from doing it? Those legal battles costed a lot of money on both sides.

**Are you really certain it’s just a “stunt to make me look silly” ?/**QUOTE]

Explain the purpose then ?

Jim

I’m wondering if there was some money shifted along with the membership.

Liability does not end because you shut your doors. It would be wise for them to show up for court this time.

So since your spending my hard earned money, please enlighten all of us, as to why your doing this?? Seems to be a waste of time and resources to me. Is there some benefit to the org. as a whole??
I know why your personally doing it, but…

Some of our members were also members of NAHI. They were charged annual dues just before NAHI snuck away in the middle of the night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoBReFiiTt0 I aim to get those inspectors’ money back for them and return it to them.

1. Cool, so you are saying you are doing this so you can get the “ripped Off” ex nahi members who are now nachi members their last nahi membership dues back ?

2. and would you be giving them there money back as a good Samaritan?

3. Are you saying they did something Criminal Willingly and Wantonly, and didn’t just go belly up?

Jim is in the house so,
Bring On The Rukus !!

1. Yes.
  2. No. Just as Nick Gromicko.
  3. Yes. That’s what I’m saying.

There is always a reason boys . Good for you nick i am sure some will appreciate it .
BTW benefits of Nachi membership in education credits alone are enough to pay the fee anything else is a benefit.

OK, in that case Nick, a big Kudos to you, and please let me and others know if there is anything you need us to do in order to help you with this.

Thanks for the clarifications big guy.

Jim

That’s something I can agree with. Glad you are helping out the members.
Why such a large amount? I didn’t realize they had enough members to gross that much in one year, but I imagine there is always more to the story.

A plaintiff’s damages aren’t affected by the defendant’s ability to pay.

So your motivated by more then simply getting their funds back? I didn’t know so many were hurt so badly?
Will each of the affected former NAHI members get a large check to compensate them for their damaged???
What will the money you plan on receiving be used for? You know the membership money that our members paid Nachi, thats now being used to file suit against a defunct inspection organization…

IMO, only a fraction of NAHI members are InterNachi members. I suspect InterNachi is attempting to gain monies for ALL NAHI memberships. The catch… they will receive FREE InterNachi memberships in exchange for their share of the lawsuit monies collected. Why else would InterNachi not be seeking attorneys fee’s in the lawsuit? Mr. Cohen certainly isn’t working for free.

James …

I believe I heard that NAHI may have collected members dues not too long before they closed the doors and moved over to ASHI. Most NAHI members outside their BoD had no idea this was in the works. In fact the 1st that many NAHI members were aware of the switch was when ASHI sent out an Email welcoming them into the ASHI ranks. It was a few days after that UNTIL this switcheroo was announced from NAHI to their members.

Its kinda like the Kansas Licensing debacle. Several months after the **Past Chairman **of the Kansas Home Inspectors Registration Board was removed by the Governors Office or State AG’s office … The Governor terminated the Kansas Licensing Bill. Most licensed Kansas home inspectors had no idea they still had $$$$$ in the kitty (their past dues money). Apparently the Past Chairman knew it was there AND got Kansas to give the money **(about $63,000) **to the group he founded in Wichita called KAREI … to supposedly do good things for Kansas home inspectors. Other than run media ads in the Wichita and Kansas City Realtors online newsletters promoting KAREI members … We’ve NEVER seen the KAREI group in Wichita do ANY thing with the members due dollars AND we’ve NEVER seen them offer to refund the state licensed home inspectors their excess dues back.

By the way did I forget to mention the KAREI group (Kansas Association of Real Estate Inspectors) has been run by mostly the same 3-4 ASHI inspectors since they were started 13 yrs ago. They purport to be a state association (the voice) of ALL home inspectors in Kansas … BUT the ASHI crew runs it 100%