Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors Use this forum to discuss current and proposed legislation on home inspector licensing, and other legal issues affecting home inspectors. Inspectors from all associations welcome.

Old 12/7/17, 6:46 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: Pillar to Post franchise refunded our money. They don't want us at their convent

Quote:
Q. how does one invest in Porch?
A. its a private company that simply does not happen.
Quote:
Why do you think it doesn't happen. I'm an investor in dozens of privately-held companies.
I did not say it does not happen. Matt with Porch said it can not happen

Quote:
Q. Nick Gromicko says he invested. How did he invest?
A. Uh Yea Nick and I started talking about the buy back guarantee and his idea was he let me invest that will give me deeper insight to the company with the data to make sure nothing weird is happing
Quote:
Nothing unusual. I wrote a check and became a stockholder.
Fair enough, despite the fact that Matt said it does not happen.

Quote:
Q. Does he have a seat on the board of any kind of voting?
A. NO Nope no no seat on the board, he is just an advisor to give him assurance that we are doing what we say we are doing, that we are not selling data.
Quote:
A seat on the board doesn't give one control of a company either. Stockholders have voting rights.
Only if the company is set up to allow for such. In the interview Matt stated that he has set up the company and to maintain position that prevents this from happening with any investors.

My statements still stand valid.
You say that you have voting control in Porch, oversight of how they operate to protect InterNACHI members.
Matt says that you have no such position.

Only one of those statements can be correct.

<a href=http://www.bluffshomeinspection.com target=_blank>http://www.bluffshomeinspection.com</a>

Performing Home Inspections in Council Bluffs, Missouri Valley, Glenwood, and surrounding areas

Council Bluffs Home Inspector
Iowa Home Inspector Council Bluffs - Facebook

Active Rain Member
Need a home inspection in Georgia? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Georgia certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/7/17, 7:18 PM
Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 is offline
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Pillar to Post franchise refunded our money. They don't want us at their convent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Fire them all and start again. Sometimes you just have to sweep house with a big broom. Take a year off and do tryouts. Televise them.
Good idea and I can agree with that! At that time they can also totally revamp their contract system to prevent the current NFL debacle from occurring again.

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

http://www.psinspection.com

TREC License# 7593

Professional Real Estate Inspections for the counties of Collin, Rockwall, Hunt, Dallas, Tarrant, Kaufman and all surrounding areas. If you want the the best you will find it with PS Inspection & Property Services LLC!