Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors Use this forum to discuss current and proposed legislation on home inspector licensing, and other legal issues affecting home inspectors. Inspectors from all associations welcome.

Old 11/30/17, 11:50 PM
Active Poster

Default Seller inspection report download terms.

InterNACHI(R) Report Download Terms - InterNACHI
Need a home inspection in Hawaii? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Hawaii certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/1/17, 12:02 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Seller inspection report download terms.

How does this work in California since the law there is much different than anywhere else?

Stephen Stanczyk
Washington State Licensed Home Inspector # 221
President, Washington Association of Property Inspectors (WAPI)
(253) 241-0602 calls answered until 10pm

Pierce County -Thurston County - King County - Kitsap County
Old 12/1/17, 12:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to dasselin

This will be what people will need to agree with when buying a report from Nachi in 2018 for pre-listing? Will you be using fetchreport.com for selling and download the reports?
Old 12/1/17, 1:45 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Quote:
1. Scope of Report. InterNACHI® did not prepare the report. An InterNACHI® inspector prepared the report after a visual inspection of the home/building, and InterNACHI® is granting you access to the report in return for your payment of $____, which is far less than the cost of a typical home inspection. InterNACHI® retains ownership of the report. The report identifies defects (1) observed, and (2) deemed material. The report is only supplementary to the seller’s disclosure. The inspector prepared the report in accordance with InterNACHI®’s Standards of Practice (SOP), posted at www.nachi.org/sop. This SOP contains limitations, exceptions, and exclusions.The report does not address any possible issues pertaining to mold, radon, asbestos, lead paint, soil contamination, wood-destroying organisms, or other environmental hazards or violations. The report does not determine compliance with applicable building codes. The report does not address issues that only a licensed professional or someone with an occupational license may address, e.g., engineering, architectural, plumbing, etc. The report is merely a snapshot in time. InterNACHI® strongly recommends that you hire a qualified home inspector to prepare a new report if you decide to make an offer on the property.
Well, the way I read that, the inspector can't even remark on the presence of those concerns to CYA. Oh well, I guess that eliminates most every home older than... NEW!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

"We Respect Our Clients Right to Privacy"

Old 12/1/17, 11:14 AM

I doubt that sellers and agents in California will participate, even if it's free.

Certified Inspection Services, LLC
5521 Mission Road #1422, Bonsall, CA 92003
San Diego Home Inspection
Like me on Facebook
Plus 1 on Google Plus
Award Winning Sample Report
Check out my blog
Yelp Page
Temecula Home Inspection
Check out the HG User Group on FB
ITC Certified Level I Thermographer
Old 12/1/17, 11:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to jfrederick

Quote:
Originally Posted by frotte View Post
I doubt that sellers and agents in California will participate, even if it's free.
Even if the one of the largest inspection companies is knee deep in the program now? I wonder how it's working?

http://northwestohiohomeinspector.com

Defiance home inspector
Northwest Ohio home inspector
Old 12/1/17, 5:57 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
What? You don't think sellers and their agent will be jumping at the chance to repair and/or disclose all of the new-found defects?
Old 12/1/17, 9:27 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
This will be what people will need to agree with when buying a report from Nachi in 2018 for pre-listing? Will you be using fetchreport.com for selling and download the reports?
Yes. No.
Old 12/1/17, 9:29 PM
Active Poster

Quote:
Agents are already bombarding me night and day for these leads. They'll have their listings inspected for them. They'll buy them. They'll pay for the listing inspections for them. They'll send hookers to your hotel room for them. They'll do anything for them. Each homebuyer lead is worth a small fortune to an agent.
Old 12/1/17, 10:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

This whole Idea from its conception revolves around Data Collecting and The selling of that information. It's so transparent a blind monkey can see through the sham.

The agents really play a small role in all of this other than to provide potential leads of properties to be inspected.

Think about all of the Information gathered from the inspection, (then prepared for sale and or use by 3r parties). All of the items that need a contractor to repair and at the specific address of where all this newly found leads come from...LOL Bling, Bling, follow the money people and look where it all ends up and who is making the BIG Profits of our work....

Sadly for the entire industry and all of us included this has a horrific negatives impact on all of our businesses. Think about how we all look to the public once they figure it all out ? We all look like low life scumbag data brokers collecting and selling contractor leads, personal data etc... to anyone willing to pay for it.

This is one of the most damaging shams to ever happen to the industry and all of us as Ethical and Professional Inspectors. We all market ourselves and our businesses as such and becoming data brokers will undoubtedly Damage that perception.

That is all my opinions based on how I see it.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia License#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Last edited by jkeilson; 12/1/17 at 11:45 PM..
Old 12/1/17, 10:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrederick View Post
Even if the one of the largest inspection companies is knee deep in the program now? I wonder how it's working?

Those types of companies have been releasing their clients private information to 3rd parties for a very long time, this is simply just more of the same.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

Specializing in All Air Quality
Mold and Radon Gas Testing

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia License#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors, Also servicing All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 12/1/17, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Looks like it will cover it if a limited major systems (4 point) report was performed as I suggested, yes-no?
Addition/changes in RED.

Quote:
1. Scope of Report. InterNACHI® did not prepare the report. An InterNACHI® certified inspector prepared the report after a limited visual inspection of the home/building's roof-electrical-plumbing-HVAC, and InterNACHI® is granting you access to the report in return for your payment of $____, which is far less than the cost of a typical home inspection. InterNACHI® retains ownership of the report. The report identifies defects (1) observed, and (2) deemed material. The report is only supplementary to the seller’s disclosure. The inspector prepared the report in accordance with InterNACHI®’s Standards of Practice (SOP), posted at www.nachi.org/sop. This SOP contains limitations, exceptions, and exclusions.The report does not address any possible issues pertaining to mold, radon, asbestos, lead paint, soil contamination, wood-destroying organisms, or other environmental hazards or violations. The report does not determine compliance with applicable building codes. The report does not address issues that only a licensed professional or someone with an occupational license may address, e.g., engineering, architectural, plumbing, etc. The report is merely a snapshot in time. InterNACHI® strongly recommends that you hire a qualified home inspector to prepare a new full comprehensive report if you decide to make an offer on the property.

http://www.alltropic.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards Committee Member
SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final
authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.

Last edited by mgoldenberg; 12/1/17 at 10:41 PM..
Old 12/2/17, 1:46 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Only inspecting major systems on a prelisting will encourage a lot of buyers in getting their own home inspection. Not a bad idea, really. There will need to be a clause at the beginning of the report stating the same.

Braun Inspection Consultants
Serving Jefferson City, Columbia, Sedalia, Fulton and Lake of the Ozarks

Last edited by jbraun; 12/2/17 at 2:03 AM..
Need a home inspection in Hawaii? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Hawaii certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/2/17, 11:03 AM
Active Poster

Jim K, the point isn't to sell information in the report. The point is to capture hot real estate leads and allow InterNACHI members to pass them on to real estate agents who recommend InterNACHI members.

It's time the inspection industry gets to the consumers first, before the agents. Let agents give office presentations to us.
Old 12/2/17, 6:24 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Quote:
Since The CA Bureau of Real Estate REQUIRES the listing agent and seller provide ANY inspections performed in the last 2 years, InterNACHI has nothing to sell. I do not see how this will work in CA. I know Elite who Nick is tight with says they will be rolling this out but how they will get past the BRE is beyond me.

Willy

William (Willy) Stambaugh CMI, CPI, CRT
Inspector/President
7th Wave Enterprises, Inc
dba: WIN Home Inspection – South San Jose

Official Mayor of Flawville