Should checking for appliance recalls be a mandatory part of our SOP?

Just lobbing a grenade and running for the hills before the weekend. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

So far, in the other thread, everyone said no.

What’s your opinion Nick?

If it is important to the health and safety of your client and their family and if it could effect the value of the real estate transaction how could NATCHI not add it to the SOP? The SOP should evolve as the market and clients expectations evolve.

However if the powers that be decide that checking appliances does nothing for the client then leave it out of the SOP.

Your call Nick. What do YOU think?

I have always operated them to inspect for operability. They either work or they don’t.

Is there a company out there that can supply this service??:roll:

No. No because I need at least 4 characters to make a post.

Checking serial and model numbers for recall should be.
Might be handy to use a service for this .

If there was one out there I may use it, except it may be a bit of a Thorn in my side making a note of all of those serial and model numbers.

And we’re off…

Built-ins only. You do not know if the moveable/detachable ones are staying or not.

If you want to save houses from burning down then you would check for recalls. Not sure if I can comment on whether or not they should be part of the SOP.

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/defective-dishwasher-blamed-death-jersey-woman-180010117.html

Nick - you are a funny guy :slight_smile:

Yes, and it should be a mandatory NACHI membership requirement to sign up with Nathan’s Recall check service to perform those recall checks too. :mrgreen:

Fire sprinklers save homes and lives big time.

If one wanted to check for recalled mechanical equipment … there are several legitimate ways to do it where one would not have to sell their clients’ personal information in exchange for them as they do with the lead harvesting products promoted by Thornberry.

The Consumer Product and Safety Commission … the people who actually manage product recalls throughout the nation … provide the information to the public, free of charge.

At least one other private institution also provides product recall information to the public for free.

If there is ever a membership requirement associated with this type of service, I hope it will be something that actually requires an inspector to disclose to his client that … when he uses a Thornberry product such as Recallchek or the 90-day “warranty”-like thingy … he is selling the home buyers private information in exchange for free/discounted products and services that he uses in an attempt to grow his business. Also, he should disclose when he has arranged to receive sales commissions from Thornberry when his client makes a purchase of an alarm system.

So what is next tread wear on most of the homes in TN? I say no

Tread wear… hah!! Good one Wayne

Cool

Same here.