Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors Use this forum to discuss current and proposed legislation on home inspector licensing, and other legal issues affecting home inspectors. Inspectors from all associations welcome.

Old 3/26/18, 2:40 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default third party billing

Good afternoon,

My first time posting so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I am licensed in Texas and was unable to find out information on this particular topic online. I was wondering if it is allowed for me to pay for ancillary inspections for a client such as WDI and then bill that to my customers as long as the customer is aware that it is being done by a third party and not in any way associated with our company other than a pass through?

Thanks for your help!

Jonnie Wells
Professional Inspector
TREC License # 22941
Need a home inspection in Oregon? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Oregon certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 3/26/18, 3:37 PM
Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 Emmanuel J. Scanlan, TREC# 7593 is offline
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: third party billing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwells7 View Post
Good afternoon,

My first time posting so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I am licensed in Texas and was unable to find out information on this particular topic online. I was wondering if it is allowed for me to pay for ancillary inspections for a client such as WDI and then bill that to my customers as long as the customer is aware that it is being done by a third party and not in any way associated with our company other than a pass through?

Thanks for your help!

Jonnie Wells
Professional Inspector
TREC License # 22941
In your example with WDI inspections this is covered in the Texas Occupations Code, Structural Pest Control law found here OCCUPATIONS CODE CHAPTER 1951. STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL . In short if you read Section 1951.003 you will see you can not even advertise WDI inspections let alone sub-contract them. Of course that doesn't seen to stop many Inspectors here who choose to ignore the laws.

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

http://www.psinspection.com

TREC License# 7593
ICC Residential Combination Inspector
#5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Professional Real Estate Inspections for the counties of Collin, Rockwall, Hunt, Dallas, Tarrant, Kaufman and all surrounding areas. If you want the the best you will find it with PS Inspection & Property Services LLC!
Old 3/27/18, 12:35 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: third party billing

Thank you sir. That answers my question. Have a great day