Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors

Notices

Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues for Inspectors Use this forum to discuss current and proposed legislation on home inspector licensing, and other legal issues affecting home inspectors. Inspectors from all associations welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11/18/16, 7:02 PM
Active Poster

Default Virginia-approved pre-licensing home inspection course January 9-12, 2017.

https://www.nachi.org/school/event/v...spector-class/
Need a home inspection in Kentucky? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Kentucky certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 11/20/16, 6:58 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Virginia-approved pre-licensing home inspection course January 9-12, 2017.

Wow, they really changed the requirements. When I stated some years ago, all education could be online.
The InterNACHI school is great, just a bit out of reach for 18 hours of education.

Greg Neff
Nspect Home Inspections
Strasburg, VA
http://nspecthi.com
Old 11/21/16, 7:25 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: Virginia-approved pre-licensing home inspection course January 9-12, 2017.

Richmond, VA. is a pain to work with trying to get licensed. I've even contacted Governor Terry McAuliffe, twice this year. I guess a backwoods redneck Inspector doesn't matter to these people. They sure don't mind asking for money though. I will pay my $50.00 probably 1 day this week to keep my business name and try submitting my info, once again. When I started back in 1996, Virginia didn't even have licensing. I was asked if I wanted to be grandfathered in but I never took advantage of it. I never believed in licensing and I still don't. Now it looks like I don't have any choice. I have 1/2 a notion to fly to InterNACHI headquarters in January for the training, so I could get Virginia to listen but that's $700.00 to $800.00 just for the class and over $1,000.00 for the full 35 hours with HVAC. Factor in a plane ticket and a motel and the bucks add up quick. I know it's worth every penny and then some but it's little notice. Who knows maybe something will come up, I've been wanting to visit Nick and the staff for a long time now.
Attached Thumbnails
virginia-approved-pre-licensing-home-inspection-course-january-9-12-2017-img_20161121_185809.jpg